Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The party setting makes no sense.  I can see paying homage to the sixties although generally the costumes and wigs are sub par. Come on: this is Hollywood.  Plus they should have restored the Martin house to the 1960s look and played up the 60s melodrama aspect...like a spoof of Far from Heaven with Julianne Moore.  The turn of the century house/decor makes no sense. 

• Members

Marlena looked great.  I don't know if her outfit was in theme, but I am pretty sure DH just wears what she wants.  I liked her speech too.  Bo and Patch are kinda idiots.  I know drama, but I mean really, Caroline.  You couldn't call Roman?

• Members

It was a good touch having Julie give the opening speech. She's the longest running cast member right? Then they followed up with Marlena, the Queen of Days 

Caroline and her quacky self....I cant

Wow, I cant beleive Ben confessed. I thought that was a fakeout

Abe confronting Lani made no sense. He does so but there was no followup. In that same segment, you later see her in the background talking among the crowd

The episode ends with Hope's wedding....WTF? Again why was there a party BEFORE the wedding? I wouldnt want my wedding and pictures tied to such an ugly event

stupid and contrived. Last time he saw Caroline, she had an Alzheimer like condition

• Members

Andre left the show dead after his serial killing story. They didnt bring him back till like 20 years later (after the dust had long settled and the town landscape was different) and then retconned his history. Days wont have that same luxury with Ben

• Members

Andre has been Tony/Andre/Tony/Andre...His whole plot is as convoluted as John Black's true identity. Ben has little chance of a future on the show.  He's a Whodunnit waiting to happen. Plenty of victim's survivors to be suspects...Just speculation, but let's face it, when the truth comes out, RSW will be "Dead Man Walking". Even if he ends up in prison.  It's a shame that so many Days actors really start to shine as they are on their way out the door...

• Members

Yesterday's episode was good. Highlight was John surprising Marlena and their wonderful talk. I love that I like John again. I remembered why I once liked them together. And I loooove angsty drinky-time Eric :wub: the look he gave Daniel when he interrupted him talking to Nicole was everything. I love that Nicole noticed. Ericole :wub:

Oh, and damn Shawn for making me care about Josh Taylor's Roman! Those were nice scenes between them. I'm glad Jason Cook made a return as Shawn. It's been nice seeing him. Shawn (and Belle) never should have been off the canvas for so long. Criminal.

Onto today's episode ...

LOL at Caroline. "Suckers"

LOL at Steve's "roadtrip" as he hopped on behind the love of his life on the bike.

LOL at this non-story between Lani and Abe. He was staring her down, called her out and that's it? Zzzzz. Even with a story Abe doesn't have a story. And dead at nuTheo getting "Oh there's Ciara". Um, really? I think these poor kids are all so green.

I can't with Hope's horrific outfit and hairdo. Lord. No.

Loved Julie's and Marlena's speeches. So fitting. Julie is where she belongs as the matriarch and Marlena as the reigning Queen. As it all should be. And Jennifer :wub: my love for you is returning. I recognize you again and actually didn't cringe and hate you as you talked about Alice and Tom. Kudos Grifley for fixing Jennifer. I hated hating her.

Damn, I can't believe Ben shoved Abby against the door like that. Ben's cuckoo for cocoa puffs man. He's lost it and RSW is doing a really great job.

I agree the party makes no sense but whatever. It was likely to pay tribute that the show debuted in the 60s. It sort of works but the wigs are ugly as !@#$%^&*] and some of the wardrobe leaves a lot to be desired so it slightly fails.

JJ and Gabi are cute, I guess, but eh ... zzzz. Gabi looks fabulous though. Damn.

While I'm glad we're moving at lightspeed here, it all seems a little fast. Too much going on and a little too hectic but I'll take this over anything we've gotten in the last few years. The heart of Days of Our Lives is back and I'm really enjoying the show again. I recognize it. I recognize the characters. There are stakes and actual things happening. It's a soap again.

• Members

Ok. Monday's episode was fun.  The Marlena/Eric/John moments were well done.  Loved all the traditional soap elements they threaded through: Hope dancing in her wedding dress in front a mirror with evil lurking outside to ruin her; Marlena pining for her man and he returns to a teary embrace; Jenn/Adrienne snarky comments about one another with Jen dissing her as soon as she walked away; the boyz (Steve and Bo) crash land in the northeast corner of Kansas, close to Salem!  Lovin it...(looking past the costume and set design)................

Archived