Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Nobody knew Aiden in the two years he was on the show.   I mean look at how Rafe was forced to be his best man.  Tomsell didn't do a good job is fleshing his character out.  And he's a "killer" to the community, so I understand why we didn't get a funeral for him.

• Members

thats not my point. They destroy his character, ruin him in the eyes of everyone and then kill him off to pave the way for Bo and Hope, only to have Bo die the next day anyway? What was the point? If you are going to such extremes to villify and kill Aiden, at least make it mean something with some type of big payoff. Bo being killed off so soon is SOOOO anticlimatic. The past month feels like a big friggin waste

• Members

I don't believe anybody thinks the show is wonderful right now. I think most are noting there being some really effective moments that they have been affected by recently despite odd decisions such as Aiden's turn and the current pacing.

The show 100% should have brought Bo back to Salem within a week. The reaction to this part versus the part they spent the most time on IS telling of that. The part that should have been rushed was Bo's kidnapping and Aiden's villain turn. I would have just had Aiden attempt to murder Hope in his desperation and not be able to go through with the full act. He goes to jail. Hope leaving him and very easily going back to Bo would have still made sense without murder on top of murder. A, he would have tried to kill her, b, it's not in her nature to be torn when Bo is there and lets her know he loves her. Bo could have come back while this was going down and the beats could have been played to Friday's episode in a much more extended way.

It's unfortunate it happened at this pace, what makes soaps special is they don't have to play beats super quickly, but it is what it is. Hopefully the show will start making better decisions because YES it was dumb to toss out Aiden so completely and there is little to no excuse for the pacing and time distribution.

• Administrator

I agree.  Overall, the storylines aren't great.  But there have some really wonderful scenes/episodes (Ben killing Will, Ben and Chad's fight, Aiden trying to kill Hope leading to the rumble, Bo/Kayla/Steve crying this past week, Bo/Hope's last episode together) that's helping me enjoy the show. 

• Members

I think there is only one person in this thread that sincerely will miss Aiden (Cheap). That said, it's not difficult to see why it would have maybe been wiser not to completely have thrown him out with the bath water. I saw maybe 10 minutes of Hope/Aiden, so it's not that I miss Aiden. I, in retrospect, see the benefit to not completely throw him out with all the bath water. You would have added a profound tension or tensions (he tried to kill her for her money, and maybe he feels she never really loved him) to a relationship that would still be existent on the show and you possibly could have returned to that relationship one day in a more complex way due to that.

• Members

But in the end it wasn't really that bad as far as Aiden goes. They did not ruin his character because he was never defined.

He was interesting for a week with the cabin nonsense with Hope and then he and Hope basically floated around.

• Members

bbwives-tamijudging.gif

Im not that delusional

As someone who defended Higley before she joined, her current reign as been terrible. Outside of the Chad/Abby/Ben material, the writing on this show has been abysmal. Good scenes do not make for good show. The pacing and editing has been sloppy and amateurish. The current regime basically came on to write a 50th Anniversary and they brought people back and got the flashbacks but I dont see strong groundwork laid out going forward. The show right now is pretty weak.

they should have just had him killed off as a victim of the serial killer. A serial killer story with just 3 victims seems rather lame.  Heck Aiden defying Clyde by exposeing him and Clyde retaliating by having him killed would have been better

Archived