Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's too late for that, IMO. Too many times where it didn't matter. Even in these deaths that are supposed to "stick," they mean nothing, because other than some tears from Lucas, Will's death was an afterthought - Sami cared more about EJ than about her son dying. Bo's death is also an afterthought due to coming right after Aidan and being so rushed. We saw this with Jack too - I'm not sure how many people cared, or felt for his family, even if his last death was going to stick.

They should just start avoiding death as often as possible in the scripts, to make the few times it's used have an impact.

• Members

I guess I'm easier to please. I liked the episode. I cared and I was a mess so for me, they did their job. I guess Shawn could have been included instead of Ciara but they're pimping her at the moment. I'm glad they included Caroline.

To me it felt like the characters remembering and talking about Bo was their goodbye to him. I thought it was well done.

The timline however is just the worst ever.

And I think Lexie and Bo's deaths are sticking and Corday swears up and down the California coast that death will stick now.

LMAO.  Yeah. Bo will be back on his bike to usher Hope off if the show were cancelled. And I don't believe they wouldn't bring Jack back either. So no, I don't think death will stick anymore than it used to.

I'm enjoying the show as a whole but I'm also not all that crazy about a lot of things either. I definitely see a mix of Griffith and Higley, which isn't bad but the pacing isn't very good.

• Members

You think we'll get a funeral? They might want to fit it in the 24 hour window and just come back one scene later and say it was done.

Bo and Shawn Douglas were really underplayed,. He was the first born. This was the most underplayed of the relationships. I agree with the person who said Bo got more quality time in terms of dialogue with Chelsea in a 40 second phone call. B/H/S/K were close friends, but they could have easily replaced S/K with Doug/Julie/Shawn in this episode or at the least added them to the scenes (as long as Julie didn't joke lightly about trips where close family were "killed" in rather horrific ways).

I had almost forgotten Brian Frons was once responsible for and I guess capable of running a very successful daytime network. This is from Ken Corday picking his three favorite DAYS moments for TV Guide earlier this year. That said, Frons became President of NBC Daytime in 1983, I wonder what he was doing mulling over a cover that came out in 1979.

• Members

I think we're more likely to see GhostBo than anything, if PR deigns to appear again. I truly don't think he wants to be or will be back full-time -- that's the only reason Bo is dying. I could see some cutesy reappearance in the series finale, but I really do think Bo, Lexie, and probably Jack are dead for good.

Archived