Short-Lived / Long-Forgotten Shows That Deserve DVD Releases

Khan

• Members

I still remember really liking Safe Harbor on The WB there back in 1999 that had Rue McClanahan as the grandmother and a young Chyler Leigh as some barely legal junkie living with a family in a Florida motel. I think it was created by Brenda "Cookies" Hampton herself but the show was a lot less preachy like 7th Heaven was. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They've been mentioned here before, but soaps like SAVANNAH and FLAMINGO ROAD could easily be released. The most obvious choice, of course, would be MODELS, INC. with its one, long season. I always dream of Shout! releasing it, with a lovely package, option to watch the last episode with or without the additional ending, and whatever few extras they can scrounge up. There are several actors (Linda Gray, Emma Samms, Carrie Ann Moss, to name a few) that could promote it and be used as incentive to buy. 

• Members

If I recall right, it was from all the cookies served up and eaten on a regular basis in the Camden household as well as episodes surrounding cookies. It was also a reflection of Hampton's personality that she gave off in interviews. After all, it was Hampton who wrote Mary Camden off after Mary committed a piggy bank heist!!

• Members

According to IMDB  she was on SB 1984-85, then on Rocky Road in 1985 for 13 episodes. She was replaced with Desiree Boschetti who played the part of Jessica 1985-1987. 

Cable had several sitcoms on around that time like Safe At Home, Down To Earth, Throb, Check It Out, Sanchez Of Bel Air, The New Gidget

• Members

I used to watch Down to Earth on the Goodlife TV Network (also home to my beloved Flamingo Road), and it was such a cute and harmless show. I'd definitely watch it again if it turned up on Antenna (which, let's be honest, is the most likely home it would ever find today).

Goodlife TV aired a lot of good, short-lived/forgotten shows. Flamingo Road, The New Dick Van Dyke Show, Apple's Way, My Sister Sam, The Jimmy Stewart Show, One Big Family, Down to Earth, Finder of Lost Loves (another one I'd scoop up on DVD right away), The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd, It's a Great Life, The Gallant Men, Twelve O'Clock High, The Courtship of Eddie's Father, and a few others I'm forgetting.

• Members

Now this is a show I used to watch as a kid. Here in Cleveland, our local independent station (WUAB 43) would show it on Saturday afternoons. This was the first show I saw Steve Burton in, before he was on GH. Of course, Donna Pescow would be on GH briefly herself (around 1999-2000), and before this was on AMC.

• Members

For some reason I never watched Out Of This World. I know Donna Pescow did that short lived series with Robert Hays (Airplane) called Angie 1979-1980. 

I remember watching Small Wonder about Vicki the little robot girl. Dick Christie (Charlie on B&B) played the Dad. I also remember the syndicated version of 9 to 5 with Sally Struthers. Dorian Lopinto from The Doctors played her boss at one point. 

• Members

Yes a lot of shows were syndicated like that back in the day. I remember when we had one of those old huge satellite dishes in the 80's there would be channels that would run blocks of shows. 

I miss the days of the old WTBS (now TBS) and USA network. They had some awesome programming back then. 

Archived