Blind Item: Frontburner Daytime Star Preparing To Leave

• Members

Sad to see her go, Chad & Abby have been so great. Amazing chem with them.

I wonder why nobody else has picked up her leaving yet? Respects DAYS wishes? It's been radio silence from DC, SOD, SID, Michael Fairman..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Abby's never been that popular until fairly recently, and the character was rested for a number of years. All DAYS heroines in her age range are interchangeable anyway. Better to write her out than do what they did with Belle and squander the character to a point where she still feels irrelevant nearly a decade after overuse.

• Members

Agreed. It wasn't until the EJ story, which was foolishly cut short that I even noticed the character. She was smart to add the extra year because DAYS finally figured out what she could do and she could build up her body of work. I don't blame her for leaving at all, but she is definitely replaceable. Abby is not a unique character in the least. 

• Members

So once again they knew an actress was planning on leaving for a full year but still invested a ton of story and screen time into them so the audience would become even more attached by the time they exit? Congratulations DOOL, you played yourself..

Why not let her go then and recast with an experienced actress before the Chad and Abby pairing went into full gear? I know they still have over six months of material to air but I would have pulled the trigger ASAP with the anniversary and the way they zeroed in on Chad and Abby as a tentpole pairing. Just seems stupid to put so much stock into them only to end up having to recast or write the character off months later.

• Members

I agree. While Abigail has been front and center the past couple years, that's not always been the case. I think the character if Abigail is important to the cast and current canvas- but no so important that she can't be rested. I say rest the character for at least 6 months and being in a recast who is a solid actress in her mid 20s and have her sign a 4 year contract. For an example if how important it is to rest a character look at Chad vs. Will (and they didn't even rest Chad for very long at all) 

Archived