Blind Item: Frontburner Daytime Star Preparing To Leave

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hear ya. It's just jarring and anti-climactic. 

For instance, how many months has it been that we've known Kassie DePaiva was out, and that Jordi Vilasuso is coming? And here it is January, and she's STILL on, and there hasn't been a word about when he's arriving or what he'll be involved in. 

• Members

Yes and we know that Eve isn't being recast, so that makes her scenes and relationship with Justin pointless.  I'll miss Kate Mansi, but this isn't surprising. We don't even know that Days is getting a renewal, so I'm thinking people with any prospects at all will continue to leave.

• Members

I don't think the show can afford to 'rest' popular characters. Of course, poor recasting won't help. You'd think an advantage of the production schedule would allow them to recast shoot several scenes and if the new actor isn't working, quickly recast and either reshoot or rework. Yeah, it's hard to believe that Kassie is still on the show. 

• Members

I don't think Kate Mansi has really popped in the role until very recently with the Chad/Ben serial killer story. Before then, she could've easily been replaced without anyone batting an eye. Still, it's a loss, since DAYS needs a strong early-20's leading lady. I just hope some soap ingenue that's been passed around at GH/Y&R doesn't become the new Abby. 

Archived