Ladies of London

Taoboi

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Julie and her husband feels like a business arrangement, similar to the way Edith Wharton described British aristos marrying wealthy American heiresses at the turn of the 20th century in The Buccaneers. By contrast, seeing Matt burst into tears after the baby was born and asking after Marissa, it is clear they have a love match.

Caroline Stanbury is still a cold bitch but she has never pretended otherwise. The love I had for her last season is seeping away, though.

Sophie Stanbury is a natural fit for the show (jury is still out on this Adela newbie). Speaking of Sophie, seems like her ex was tomcatting around and couldn't stay off the hard stuff, if you read between the lines of what she was saying. Poor Sophie. On the upside, her hair is the most fabulous of all the Bravo shows.

Caroline Fleming is still as fake and pretentious as ever! 

Please register in order to view this content

And so is that twit, Juliet. She jumped right in to the Julie-Caroline fight in order to kiss Caroline S's ass. Every word she was spewing about Julie "preying on the weak" was a direct quote from Kyle Richards back in S5 when she told Brandi that LVP preys on weakness. If ever an original thought were to cross Juliet's mind, she would literally faint from shock. I noticed she didn't get any individual/home scenes this episode. Perhaps the house in Clapham is not considered as glamorous as the other women's palatial walk-in closets?? A comment on Reality Tea put it very succinctly: "She's like a Walmart shopper amidst the Harrods group."

Excuse me about ranting about Juliet again lol

Edited by Cat

• Members

I was surprised that Juliet didn't get a proper 'intro' for the season.  What has she been up to - what's her home life like right now?  She just popped up at a party at the end of the episode.  That Adela had more screen time!  haha

My heart was breaking for Marissa and her husband.  Had no idea that was happening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow. 3 episodes into Season 3, and Caroline Fleming has become an actual human being. It is clear that her family never gave her much affection. I also like that she's the one trying to get Caroline Stanbury to stop being a total b!tch.

Caroline S's attitude at Mapperton was stank. There was a moment when she talked about growing up in that aristo environment, and how it was like a noose around her neck, and I sort of understood why she has taken against Julie who has embraced that life. Julie seemed to lean in and understand where Caroline was coming from. Unfortunately, egged on by her 'service b!tch' Juliet, Caroline reverted back to her usual rudeness shtick. Juliet is so jealous of the other Americans (Marissa, Julie) who have 'done better' than her, and that's why she is encouraging the enmity between Caroline and Julie. 

Caroline F was right. It wasn't about rebelling against rules and regulations, it was about Juliet and Caroline S having no manners or respect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I do generally love this show - it has it's ups and downs.  Caroline Stanbury is a miserable bitch this year, and unfortunately it's not cute like it may have been in the past.  She needs to live in Dubai and come back in a few seasons with a new attitude.

Poor Marissa - so happy to see her live it up this last episode.

I have no idea why Adela isn't a main cast member - she basically is without the spot in the intro.  I LOVE her.  She's been a great addition.

Juliet really is backburnered this season - she was the only one that didn't get a 'catch up' intro in the first episode, and since then, she's only been wallpaper.  I wonder what's happening there, but also wondering why she took the spot Adela should have gotten!

• Members

I'm loving this season...I just wonder how its ratings are. Ladies of London never seems to get the love the rest of the Bravo lineup garners. 

Adela is a great addition to the cast because she lets it all hang out. That said, I can imagine she'd be a nightmare of an ex-wife and she doesn't seem to take the hint that her teenage children do not want to be around her. As Caroline Stanbury wisely told her, she's wasting all her money on lawyers who cannot help her. 

Caroline Fleming has redeemed herself magically this season. I still find her unbearable, but at least I can see why she is how she is: starved for her father's attention. 

Caroline Stanbury is very angry this season and it seems she just needs to leave London, go to Dubai and check herself. The failure of her business really seems to have hurt her confidence and she's lashed out to everyone. Her allegations about Marissa spreading rumours don't make a lot of sense when Marissa's been on her deathbed, delivery room, infant's hospital room or Hampton's family wedding. 

Marissa has been to hell and back. I loved her party. I loved those balloon hats. I loved her watermelon shots. It seems that since the show has wrapped she's living in Pacific Palisades...who knows if it's temporary or not. 

Jules as the Lady of Mapperton is a hoot. She got lucky with her husband, he seems like an excellent person and the best kind of stepfather. 

Sophie is another good addition to the cast. She contributed a lot last season and has only grown. She is a good balance to Caroline Stanbury's viciousness. It's sad that her marriage has collapsed but she seems a devoted mother. 

But let's tackle the elephant in the room: Juliet. What the hell is she doing on the show? She brings nothing to the table at all. Zero. She isn't relevant. She has nothing going on. She contributes absolutely nothing and has no value. Why did they put her in the opening credits? Why did they pay her?