GH: August 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

LOL. It's time to dump Rosalie, not to mention many others. I'm tired of her resting stank bitch face. I liked her but it's time to move on. She appears for a few episodes with a new secret and a promise of more than vanishes for months. This is nothing new.

I swear GH has become the most predictable soap out there. This Rosalie/Brad thing is dumb. This conflict for Brad/Lucas is dumb.

Damn you Ron for making me actually want to give JPiss a shot here.

And can we stop with boring stepford wife Carly? Zzzz. Her bite is long gone and I miss it. We get glimpses but it's just an empty effort. Ron sucked the life out of Blair on OLTL too, just like Carly. All Carly is is Blair to Sonny's Todd. A defender who will go back to him over and over again.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This show constantly misses opportunities to cover timely issues. Rosalie should have married Brad because she's here illegally. Make her story sad and let the viewers develop sympathy for her. But they'll make her a mob daughter who was forced to marry Brad to join two mob families.

When was the last time you heard anything on the news about the mob? When John Gotti died? However, gang violence is in the news often these days and the show doesn't touch that topic.

I read comments on another board about the old time viewers needing to let go of the L&L era and get with the times, but the show is stuck in the mob era and the last timely story they did was Robin's HIV, I think.

• Members

Rosalie has been in town for over a year and she never once  ran into Brad? From Friday's show, it looked like she didnt even know he was in town. WTF?!? She spent alot of time at the hospital when pretending to be Nina's nurse so this sounds so unbeleivable

Has Valerie learned that she's pregnant yet? I noticed Lulu mentioned her embryo again, which has me convinced that Dante knocked Val up. BTW, whats her beef with Greenlee?

Does Greenlee really have amnesia or is she faking to stay close to Nikolas?

Liz is still a thot, getting engaged to a man thats already married. Ho. She really does NOT want Danny anywhere near Jake. She looked so uncomfortable and its clear she doesnt want those boys to have a relationship bc it might trigger something in Jason. When did Jake learn Jason was his father? BTW there was a flub in one of Sam's lines when she told Jake she hopes he can be a good big brother to Danny the way he is to Cameron and Aiden. He's only a big bro to Aiden. Have they even inetracted onscreen?

Mob stuff? YAWWWWNNNNN. Didnt both Sonny and Julian leave the mob anyway?

• Members

Laura Wright raving great stuff is coming on the way on twitter. It seems the direction Jelly are going is from campy plot driven to complex soap. It's just great another endorsement for Jelly. Morale in literally a week has gone way up. Hearing their stuff is going to knock our socks off. Just so elated for the future of GH.  It's about to be REBORN our GH.

• Members

I guess I've never seen those shows. Her reasons for doing it could be touching; she was being raped and abused, sold into the sex trade, watched her family starve to death, had her family  lose everything to drug lords, something we'd feel for her over...not a lame arranged mob marriage. Who cares?

I know someone that paid a US woman to marry him so he could become a citizen here faster. He had brought his real wife and daughter with him but they weren't here legally. After enough time he divorced the American and married his real wife and she and the daughter were able to become citizens. I don't condone it because it is breaking the law but until the gov streamlines immigration it's going to keep happening. 

• Administrator

you do realize it's too early for them to be taping Jean/Shelley's material, right? They started as HWs just last week.  The stuff that Laura and Maurice are raving about is still Carlivati's material. 

• Members

Actors do that, Johnny. Even when it's crap they rave it's "good stuff coming up". And many actors view the material differently than we as fans who watch every day do. You need to be on Jean's payroll. She really should hire you for publicity. What ever made you SUCH a fan of hers? I'm honestly truly curious as you constantly and repeatedly say how amazingly wonderful she is. No one else thinks so. I'm actually going to try and give her a shot. She's a yes woman and writes what she's told to write. She's not truly offensive but she's really not some truly fantastic writer as you build her up to be. You like her and that's fine ...

• Members

LOL. Exactly. LW is a team player. Ride or die. As much as I love when an actor spills the tea and calls out crap, most won't do that. She's not going to say 'we have a lot of crap coming up, so hang in there!". You don't go on social media and start bashing your job and salary, etc. Well, smart and sane people don't do that.

• Members

If LW doesn't like a SL, you will never know it.  She is highly professional.  However, I love that when she speaks up, she doesn't wait until a writer (or those masquerading as such) is gone.  She definitely didn't hold her peace when speaking of the offscreen Francly story.  Hell, in the same interview, she started pimping CarJax.  

• Members

Same. I love when actors get honest but that's not going to happen while they want to remain employed and employable. I've never been a LW fan but I've seen enough of her interviews to know she's a professional. She's also a woman. People are way more tolerant of men speaking out than women. Geary and Bernard can show their ass and get away with it so she should just stand back and let them.

At this point, I think all anybody wants is for the show to survive the year.

• Members

Brad: "I didnt even know you were in town"

Rosalie: "Yeah Ive been here for months and never ran into you", Bitch you have been here for OVER a year. I still cant beleive they never saw each other when she was at the hospital pretending to be Nina's nurse

Archived