SON Community: Days of Torture

Errol

• Webmaster

If you missed SON Community, you are definitely not the only one. After working non-stop for the last couple of days we went from a disaster of 2005 proportions to a functioning community once more. There are definitely still some kinks to be worked out, but I hope you all join me in sighing in relief that there is a community to be had, and to bitch about. 

With that said, if there are any issues you incur while browsing/posting, please let me know either via PM, response to this post, or via email: [email protected]. You can even post a status update. I'll be monitoring them.

Happy Posting!

• Errol pinned this topic
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

Haven't used Firefox in ages. Will see what it looks like for me and get back to you.

Firefox seems about the same as Chrome for me. As for slowness, I'm currently attributing that to the Backgrounded Processes that are running and keeping the board functioning. They'll be running for at least a few days, or however long it takes to bring everything back to 100%.

Reputation setting turned off. Never saw the point of it myself either.

• Webmaster

Honestly? No clue. I saw that the setting was on and turned it off as requested. As far as I can tell it shouldn't be in profiles anymore. If it is, do a refresh of the page and it should disappear.

• Members

Weird how you can now log in via social media. That said I cannot do that as we can only have one user name. 

Everyone's avatars are different. What are the standards now for them?

ETA: What is up with the status part? It said I hadn't done any since 2013, which isn't possible. It was also telling me that I needed to turn it on in my profile. Why? That is totally illogical. I think they are making it annoying so that eventually people give up on them so they can eliminate the feature. Great development plan make a feature into a bug, so people avoid it, so the next time you update software you can dump it completely.

• Webmaster

As part of the Background Processes mentioned earlier, the reputation feature is in the process of being rebuilt. The feature should become available upon completion (it may take a few days though). 

Archived