GH: Carlivati OUT! Passanante/Altman IN!!

• Members

I'm actually kind of surprised Passanante agreed to this given how tight she and Ron are. Guess that friendship is over and Ron will never talk to her again.

As has been mentioned Altman was better during her brief solo period at Y&R before Passanante joined her. I am a bit curious what Altman's writing style is like away from JFP.

It was going to be Passanante or Tomlin because Valentini doesn't have many writer connections.

Anyways Altman & Passanante aren't going to make the necessary changes because 1) They are too tight with Ron and probably think what he has done is brilliant and 2) These two don't make big moves.

I think the change with these two will be akin to when Garin Wolf (later joined by Altman) replaced Bob Guza. eg. They will use Monica a tiny bit more at first and make a few other symbolic efforts around the edges but there won't be that much difference.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jean Passanante's AMC is still one of the top 5 worst soaps I have ever seen, and from what I saw her ATWT seemed to be written by mental deficients. She may be a great breakdown writer, but she can't headwrite. Fortunately for ABC, she is cheap and well-experienced.

I can understand wanting to break the Frank/Ron cabal and I agree with a change being necessary, but much like sizzurp, Jean Passanante is never an answer to any problem we may face in life.

Archived