Sign in to follow this  
YRBB

Xena: Warrior Princess Reboot

YRBB   

I am dying at the reports that they are putting together a Xena reboot (very early stages still)!

I tend to think down on most reboots, and in this case, well, how could you replace Lawless? Probably with some bimbo. But I am oddly excited at the prospect that Lawless could have some part (if not THE part) in this.

[/XenaCry]

Edited by YRBB

Vee   

She was just saying this the other day, so I'm guessing she's pleased.

The report I just read said she's being approached to appear in some capacity. My stepdad loved this show.

Edited by Vee

YRBB   

Bless her.

I'm seeing SUCH overwhelming support of this. Mostly because the show could really pick up, 20 years later, like nothing happened and start all over again. YAS, BITCH!

DRW50   

A big part of the original show's fanbase was the lesbian subtext. I wonder if they will drop that and do the generic angst/love triangle with a hunky guy, like the CW is obsessed with, or have canonically lesbian characters instead.

I was so obsessed with this show as a kid. Callisto and Xena were my everything. I even bought a replica Chakram made by the same people that made the shows. I tried watching this show a couple years ago and was blown away at how cheesy it can be. I think that's part of the reason I loved it growing up. Not sure if I'd watch a reboot with all new characters. Would love to see all the originals but not sure how well that would translate.

To have Lucy Flawless back on my screen as Xena!!!!! Lawd!

Too bad Kevin Smith (Ares) is dead! I'd love to have him back, but we could get a really good recast. I'd be happy.

Renee O'Connor, STAY AWAY!!!!!

Wow I didn't know the guy who played died....he was everything back then to me.

Yeah, he was doing a stunt while filming a movie or TV show (forget which) and had an accident.

Just terrible. Hope he's resting in peace.

I dunno how I feel about this reboot. I mean it's Lucy Lawless...this lady is a force of nature. She was so bad ass to this day my brothers and I still reminisce about the fights and crazy scenes (esp when she was up against Hercules).

I just don't know if there's anyone out there who could bring the same level of charm and ferocity that she brought.

Previously LL had thrown cold water on this project saying she didn't think it was happening.   I thought she was currently on another show, and I can't see them doing this without her in some capacity given her cult of personality fandom that adores her.

Juliajms   

Previously LL had thrown cold water on this project saying she didn't think it was happening.   I thought she was currently on another show, and I can't see them doing this without her in some capacity given her cult of personality fandom that adores her.

Remember how great she was in Spartacus?

Remember how great she was in Spartacus?

She was indeed great, and she was great on Battlestar Galactics (a show if you have never seen you must)