All - Best/Worst Friendships

• Members

On Days I always adored Marlena's friendship with Maggie, Laura, and Bo. I think she had two scenes with Maggie since the 2011 return. Marlena/Kate friendship was odd but I liked it. Hope and Kate friendship was growing during the romance of Kate and Roman.

The worst and most forced in my opinion was Jennifer/Nicole and Chloe/Nicole.

My favorite of all times has to be Roger Thorpe and Maureen Reardon-Bauer on Guiding Light. I don't know if Roger was friends with Maureen during Ellen Dolan stint, but Michael Zaslow had an amazing chemistry with Ellen Parker.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Best- Brenda/Lois on GH

Also really enjoyed the super cop squad in the 1980's- Felicia, Robert, Frisco, Anna, and Sean. They shared many adventures.

I also really liked Stone and Sonny, and the strange but awesome trio of Sonny/Lucy/Luke.

Worst- Sonny and Jason. They ate the show and sometimes it was hard to see why they were still friends.

• Members

Best friendships:

Nina/Cricket Y/R: Oddly this friendship worked despite a very shaky start... and oddly, Nina was the only one that could support Cricket... yet also tell her when she was being wrong

Jennifer/Billie/Kristen Days: Loved that era.. it was a nice, almost two year friendship full of pizza, ice cream, slumber parties and just supporting each other when times were rough. I liked the brief revival of Jennifer/Kristen's friendship recently as well..

Marlena/Kate Days: Kind of a frenemy type of relationship... I love the times when Marlena can be sarcastic.. and Kate is a worthy match in terms of that.

Worst Friendships:

Fusion Girls.. AMC: It just didnt ring true to me.

• Members

Best:

Dr. Matt Powers/Dr. Nick Bellini (The Doctors) - The two men drive each other up the wall sometimes, but that is leveled out with a lot of laughter and fun. Plus, they have been there for each other in the bad times - Nick was there to visit and support Matt when the latter was separated from his wife, and Matt has been there to help out Nick through the traumatic accident that has HIS wife in the hospital.

Dr. Maggie Powers/Dr. Althea Davis Bellini (The Doctors) - They have the best female friendship I have ever seen on any show (daytime AND primetime). There are no petty jealousies between them and they don't fight over men. They laugh, cry and gossip like any best friends would.

The Drs. Powers/Drs. Bellini (The Doctors) - Two couples who are best friends - and unlike shows of today, they DON'T play musical beds. Whether they are having dinner out or hanging out at one or the other's home - they have a bond for the ages. There's a reason why we fans of TD call them The Fab Four!!!

• Members

Y&R's Cricket and Nina and Passions Theresa and Whitney are probably the strongest friendships of any soap....

I can't think of any strong male friendships I've enjoyed, except maybe Ethan and Chad on Passions....

• Members

On GL, Roger and Maureen didn't interact until he came back and Ellen Dolan was in the role, as Maureen was introduced after Roger "died". During his exit story, Roger lived as someone else at the boarding house, so while he knew the Reardons though only Nola and Bea were on the show in 1980.

• Members

Agreed about Greenlee/Kendall and Cricket/Nina.

One I liked a lot was Natalie and Donna on AMC.

I was always somewhat annoyed by the Stephanie and Sally friendship, if one could call it that, in Sally's later years. It mostly smacked of the show no longer having any real role for her.

• Members

Best:

AW:

Jake/Vicki

Rachel/Felicia

Cass/Felicia

Ryan/Frankie

*Another World excelled at friendships and hybrid families. IMO, no other soap does friendship like they did.

Y&R:

Dru/Sharon

Worst:

AMC:

The Fusion girls. I always found Greenpea and Kendall's friendship to be forced. They worked better when they were rivals/frenemies. IMO, they should've been this generations Brooke & Erica.

Archived