Scream: The Series

cassadine1991

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah IDK....I liked the little throwback to the original Scream movies, but it sort of became a mess towards the middle of the show...

I honestly can't say If I will continue watching or catch an episode here and there...

that slutty blonde chick annoyed me (the one sleeping with the teacher) and was totally channeling Lydia Season 1 on Teen Wolf....

• Members

I thought the trailer looked good, but I couldn't believe how bland the execution was. I'm not crazy about the cast and the fact that the backstory is a ripoff of Friday the 13th. The whole deformed killer thing is a direct copy of Jason. It just didn't feel like Scream despite the surface things they tried to include. I like it being in a different town, but references to the original killings as inspiration and a potential tie in would've been nice. I'm just not crazy about this idea in the long term. They said they don't even plan to reveal the killer at the end of this season. I imagine it's going to be similar to Pretty Little Liars, just drawn out. Hopefully if the show lasts they bring in new showrunners. I'd have Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson take over for season two at any cost.

• Members

I tried watching the episode yesterday. Ugh. So bland and boring. It had the slight feel of the Scream movies but it just wasn't very good. Why is this airing in the summer anyway? Air it around Halloween. Why do networks air their more Halloween/scary programming during odd times. Hello. Air them in the fall.

I wasn't impressed by this at all.

And ugh to the cliches, from the characters to the plots. It's just not working. I also feel like, while they were hilarious movies, Scary Movie has sort of projected a comedic /satirical tone towards the Scream movies and they're seen as more of a joke than they were at the time. It's all just falling sort of flat. The pilot felt like it belonged in the 90s, TBH. Not a bad thing but between the horny/empty headed jock, the overly banged bitch/slut who sleeps with the teacher .... sigh. A few of the actors are appealing enough but it just feels too much like a "been there, done that".

And I'm sort of over shows having a narrative where the lead talks to us. It's getting tired.

• Members

It was just dull. They don't have the appealing cast of Scream, they don't have the tension Scream's murders did. It was no better than a straight to DVD movie. Mathew Lillard was so great in the original movie, it is a shame he got trapped into doing voice work for Scooby Doo the rest of his life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I like this. Not taking it too, too seriously helps. They're going for a PLL vibe, despite their constant jabs at PLL. As a teacher, it IS annoying to see yet another show basically invent their own reality as far as what goes on in a high school classroom, but whatever.

The lead girl isn't as bad as I thought she'd be. I actually liked her a lot for most of the latest episode. She seems smarter than they could have written her as, so that's good.

Most exciting thing for me was seeing a display of Zapp's potato chips at the concession stand for the basketball game a few episodes ago. I didn't realize they filmed this in Louisiana.

Archived