Code Black: Discussion Thread

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Same. I agree a good medical drama would fit perfectly on CBS. I hope this one's it. I'm not super into the Chicago shows on NBC but I've been tempted to try them out. I'd check out Chicago Med. Is that being held for midseason on NBC? I didn't see it on the fall lineup.

And is ER even re-running anywhere anymore? It aired on TNT for so long.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I think I found my new ER.

I liked it a lot. The characters could use more development, but that comes in time. Luis Guzman and Marcia Gay Harden make my life. Love them in this show.

ER and Grey's definitely just had a baby and it's name is Code Black. And having worked for a while in a hospital (transporting patients), but nowhere near as busy as this one, so much of it was very realistic. I LOL'd as the guy wondered where x-ray was and the kid pointed to the big sign that said X-RAY above his head. That was SO me. LOL.

I hope the ratings are there. I can see this finally being the medical procedural CBS has desperately wanted and it fills a nice hole on Wednesday behind two of my other favorite shows (Survivor and Criminal Minds).

Between the Goldbergs, Empire, Survivor, Criminal Minds, Code Black ... Wednesday is must see TV for me.

• Members

I liked it as well. It leans more towards ER than Grey's on the Medical Drama scale, which I prefer. I also hope this is the medical drama CBS has been looking for for years. I've been saying forever that an ER like show would fit perfectly on CBS's lineup. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

The thing is, watching live TV is dead and these executives know it. The days of 30 plus million viewers and 8.0 in the demos are so 10 years ago. It took them until last week to cancel Wicked City. The show is averaging 1.2 in the key demos a week and so is NCIS LA. Each season ratings and demos seem to be getting worse, as live TV is the past. Many of these networks are keeping shows as long as they don't below 1.0 in the demos. 

Archived