Sign in to follow this  
Toups

The Muppets: Discussion Thread

Toups   

The Muppets

The Muppets return to prime time with a contemporary, documentary-style show that, for the first time ever, will explore the Muppets personal lives and relationships, both at home and at work, as well as romances, break-ups, achievements, disappointments, wants and desires; a more adult Muppet show, for kids of all ages.

Bill Prady (The Big Bang Theory) and Bob Kushell (Anger Management) are co-writers and executive producers. Randall Einhorn and Bill Barretta are also executive producers. The Muppets is produced by ABC Studios and The Muppets Studio.

Steve   

It sounds hilarious to me to see the behind-the-scenes antics, which isn't too far removed from how they used to show Kermit and company backstage between acts on the original show, and this is the new show I'm most looking forward to!

KMan101   

The No Name Pig though! LMAO.

LOL

I'm way too excited for this. The pilot got a standing ovation by ABC execs. I hope it can pull a solid audience. I'm really looking forward to this. It looks hilarious.

London   

I can see them promoting the sh!t out of this and I think it will deliver in numbers, probably do what AoS did with its pilot debut, but hopefully it can keep and maintain those numbers for weeks to come... unlike AoS.

KMan101   

I can see them promoting the sh!t out of this and I think it will deliver in numbers, probably do what AoS did with its pilot debut, but hopefully it can keep and maintain those numbers for weeks to come... unlike AoS.

I hope so! It looks really good.

And I'm sure they will. ABC/Disney obviously owns the Muppets, and there's a ton of buzz around this show already. It's the lead on almost every story about ABC's fall lineup.

Edited by KMan101

KMan101   

I agree. I trust Bill Prady. And the entire trailer just screams classic Muppet to me. I'm excited for it. The show better deliver, there's tons of buzz around this.