Y&R: May 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/the-young-and-the-restless/jill-farren-phelps-interview-the-young-and-the-restless-42nd-annual-daytime-emmys-winnerspress-room/2015/05/02/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Here's an interview with Jill on Michael Fairman soaps. She seems very happy for the show and she states how much she loves Chuck Pratt. BTW she's won 11 emmys an all time emmy record for an exec producer. Jill seems like a real east coast kind of gal but she could be a bitch if u crossed her.

• Members

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the ratings are not going to stay on an upward trend and are going to start going down. The show had been pretty watchable until this new regime which is starting to remind me more and more of MAB who basically destroyed the show while she was HW. Things that suck imo:

Doppleganger/imposter story. Both fake Jack and fake Adam are implausible, obviously. The only thing saving these s/l's are the actors who are both entertaining. The actual writing sucks. I cringe to think of the reveals of these two fakes. Can MCE convincingly play shocked, overwhelmed, conflicted? I doubt it. Will the Newmans' pick up where they left off with the Adam hate? Probably. Will it be fun to watch? No. Why not?

Because everyone on this show right now with the possible exception of Ashley is a criminal, most of them tried and convicted. Or a skank, looking at you Abby. Or a criminal and a skank, Chelsea. Some time and effort needs to be put in to rehabilitating some of the main characters so they have some moral highground to stand on, looking at you Victor. I remember the good old days when Victor had boundaries. Now he just does whatever floats his boat at the moment. No more Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, it's Mr. Hyde all the time. Boring/dumb. Victor needs to go on an apology tour to clean the slate as much as possible and set up dramatic tension again.

Nothing is sacred on the show anymore. Here's my list of grievances going back a ways. Adam caused Ashley's miscarriage, he needs to apologize properly and make amends. ED could knock these scenes out of the park. Victor slept with Sharon, used her and threw her away, destabilizing her. Say you're sorry Victor! Nikki killed Diane in a drunken rage, never paid for that crime. More recently, Devon slept with his father's wife and Abby tossed off a comment to Ashley about her mother [!@#$%^&*] a guy in the shower. A guy that she, Abby, is now having sex with. And apparently he's not that in to her. No insult or act is so nasty or bad enough to have lasting (or any) implications anymore.

This new regime seems to think that every show should contain at least one sex scene, punch and/or slap. It's getting predictable and stale.

Archived