Dynasty now airing on POP

Soapsuds

• Members

I caught the tail end of it this morning, Cecil proposing that Fallon marry Jeff.,, well, blackmailing her, really. And that gorgeous green Roller convertible of his.

I read on Pop's wiki that Dallas is also coming to the channel, but you know the deal with Wikipedia. On the only hand, I saw absolutely ZERO promo for Dynasty coming to Pop. I caught a late night Y&R rerun the other night, and you'd think there'd be at least one commercial for Dynasty. Maybe I missed one.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only promo I've seen for Dynasty is this afternoon during B&B, there was a graphic at the bottom of the screen that simply said that the show is airing weekday mornings. They need to promo the hell out of it during MP and Love Boat, AND they might as well see how a Saturday afternoon marathon would do every now and then.

• Members

I'm glad classic soaps are being rerun on TV once more but -- why y'all so excited for DYNASTY or MELROSE PLACE? All that sh!t's on DVD & streaming. You need a channel, why? laugh.pnglaugh.pngtongue.png

Now, if they were to broadcast KL or FC or other short-lived, unreleased soaps.... YAS!

Also, it is a very good question: How much of DYNASTY are they editing out?

• Members

I think it's just really really nice when old primetime soaps get a chance to be rerun because they don't get seen much anymore, and it's an opportunity for them to gain new fans. I'm buying the Dynasty DVDs as I go through them, and I trust Netflix enough to keep MP around as I get to the episodes I never saw back when it was on the Style network, but if this was circa 2005, when SOAPnet had Dynasty but I didn't have SOAPnet, my VCR tape would have been set to record every single morning.

Better yet, my high school self would have found a way to tune Mrs. E. Vicknair's classroom TV to whatever channel Dynasty was on every morning at 9am. Algebra II with a side of bitchery.

• Members

There's something nice and comforting about seeing my favorites live on in reruns, even if I own them on DVD and have seen them multiple times. Also, it's fun 'n easy to catch an episode here and there by hitting the TiVo button. I feel the same way about ROSEANNE reruns, among others. I still haven't seen Dynasty in its entirety and I only own it up through season 4. I've seen bits 'n pieces of seasons 5 & 6.

MELROSE is one where I can pop in any episode (preferably seasons 1-4) and dive right in.

• Members

Nolan Miller said that George Peppard "was an ass"...Linda Evans, as usual, never utters an opinion...Dame Joan worked with Peppard in the 70s on a movie and she just hated him after he made a pass at her and she shot him down, much to his chagrin, so it's a damn good thing he didn't stay with the show.

Archived