Daytime Emmys Live Thread

Soapsuds

• Members

First of all I agree with mostly everything but Amelia is a shy girl but she won two emmys back to back clearly her peers love her. She wss most likely nervous on stage.

Give Maura a break she what's called a little drunk. When u are a little drunk u are most honest. It doesn't change what a fabulous actress she id and she owned 2014. She looks amazing for five kids. Maura even a little drunk can do no wrong in my book she's that kind of actress those scenes in the crypt give u chills up and down your spine.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Called it! smile.png Congrats to Maura. The win was well deserved. Alison Sweeeney was good in her scenes but she's no where the level Maura is at.

I just can't with you guys attacking a child, all because you don't like his acting. It's one thing to critize his acting but the ammount of constant vitrol that he gets is pretty sad. His/his parent's tweet was a positive one and you guys jump on him for that? Come on. It would be a bit different if he was a jerk or a spoiler child and is always negative, but he hasn't showen that. Like do you guys not feel bad attacking a kid? Also, what do you think goes on at these after parties that a child can't be there?

• Members

Literally the only problem I had with that montage was that they kept cutting away to whoever was singing too often. I wish they had kept it on the montage throughout.

Carolyn Hinsey (I know, I hate bringing her name up) said on Twitter that CBS didn't have any classic clips in that montage, only ABC and NBC did. Is that true? I don't think I even noticed that.

• Members

I can concede that Amelia may be shy and that's why she comes across as such an idiot onstage. But she seems like a nice woman and I wish her success.

I'm not going to give Maura a break at all she was a mess and if that's her "a little drunk" then God help her when she's half cut because she was absolutely wrecked. I don't give a damn about her acting, I don't watch GH, her scenes may have been amazing but her behaviour at the Emmys was deplorable.

Not true at all. There were several of Paul and Christine and Christine and Danny from Y&R. Carolyn Hinsey can never be believed.

• Members

To be fair, she did that curtsy when she won her two Emmys for ATWT, I think as a tribute to her kids. But yeah, she seemed pretty bombed. Some of it may have been shock/surprise though--so many people, myself included, expected Ali to be the clear winner here.

You're right. I remember those scenes now, I forgot about them. And that last sentence should be on a T shirt. laugh.png

• Members

Oh, please. Have you ever watched the Golden Globes? Or any awards show really? These celebrities are always trashed, that's half the fun of watching. If Meryl Streep can wander on stage plastered at the GG's talking about wanting people to call her T-Bone, I highly doubt anybody is considering Maura West or Kelly Monaco a disgrace to anything. In fact, Monaco's drunken shenanigans at last years Emmy's are about the only thing anybody liked about the show!

Archived