Announcement to be made at the Daytime Emmy's

dragonflies

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frankly, that would be another "Who cares?" for me. (No offense, Jack & Jennifer fans.)

Is it possible the "soap star legends" who are reuniting for the telecast might not be a former romantic pair? What if, instead, it was someone like (and this is just an example) Erika Slezak and Robin Strasser?

• Members

I can't help comparing to the old special from 1994 that reunited George and Jacquie, and Mary Stuart and Larry Haines. Talk about poignancy, history, emotion.

Tony and Genie are just two sad old corpses flogging each other around, often doing their best to end up crashing on top of each other. Every time they do, we're supposed to be honored, all because of some chemistry I haven't seen since about 1993.

At this point I'd rather see a Beth Ehlers/Murray Bartlett reunion.

• Members

I don't think Laura has been relevant to GH in 20 years, but I was talking more about the Emmy appearance. I just don't need or want to see another reunion between two people who struggle to be cordial and last had spark when Madman of the People was on the air.

• Members

John Reilly & Sharon Wyatt? (For those unaware of some GH history, Sean Donely & Tiffany Hill.)

Not only GH-related, but it would be emotional for two key reasons:

1. Sharon's health issues for these last few years, and:

2. Aside from appearing on Night Shift in 2008, these two haven't been on GH together since they left 20 years ago in 1995.

Granted, the Night Shift appearance might make it less emotional, since that was slightly more recent, but for those who never watched it...yeah, it could still work.

I could be completely wrong, of course, but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes. Just be prepared for an "I CALLED IT!" post from me on Sunday night just in case tongue.png .

Archived