TVLand Awards

Soapsuds

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did! I mainly watched for The Wonder Years tribute. I wish Dan Lauria (Jack) and Jason Hervey (Wayne) could've been there, though!

Carl Reiner presenting the award to Freaks and Geeks was great, too. And the James Franco hater in me was happy to see he didn't get to give an acceptance speech :lol: .

It is, but I think they skipped last year, not sure why.

I never watched a full telecast until this year, but I will say the ceremonies of years past looked a lot more fun. At this point they've probably honored so many shows--and so many of the older stars have passed on--that some of the fun has been lost.

I wish Melissa had been there to speak for Joan's tribute.

• Members

The best TV Land Awards ceremony was the first, back in 2003. Perfect host, perfect mix of honorees, and so many classic TV greats in one room. They made a wise decision later to discontinue the fan-voted awards, but the ceremony as a whole declined as the network declined. They were finding their niche as a channel that not only aired classic TV but also honored it and studied it via specials and documentaries, but that all started to vanish when they became gung ho, first, over "boomer" entertainment and then random desperate bullsh!t.

The Future Classic Award has always been interesting, but so many of the shows honored for that have already been largely ignored.

I'm so tired of classic TV theme medleys at awards shows.

• Members

Yeah, I miss the TV Land of the late 90's that showed Retromercials and shows like My Three Sons and Family Affair. Of course, I also miss 90's Nickelodeon, the Disney Channel right before it ceased to be a premium channel and still showed stuff like the Baby Sitters Club, TBS back when Andy Griffith was still their flagship show, and WGN when they still showed Bozo, so maybe I'm just a Disco Dan of sorts, lol.

• Members

I didn't know Friends was classic tv when it was in the beginning montage.

I love it just because of what great shows we once had. TV now is full of crappy shows. And Good Times, The Jeffersons and the Golden Girls got the loudest applause during the theme medley montage.

Archived