Errol

Status Updates/Inactive Accounts

Sometime late last year, I was asked by a poster to remove their account because they "don't like it here." They only posted 11 times and had only joined a few short months prior to their request. I informed said poster that we do not delete accounts under any circumstances. We only make them inactive, which I did.

Today, without provocation, a poster went on a tirade about how they hate this place and talked ill of all of its posters. Checking the IP addresses, it directly matched the aforementioned poster who wished to be done with this place last year for unknown reasons.

We must remember that no one person/poster's opinion represents another persons, at least not in its entirety.

If anyone has an issue with something that is said on a timeline/status update, a post or a private message, please inform either Toups or myself via email or PM and we will handle it in a manner that fits the situation. You can email either of us at XToups [at] sonuni.com or ELewis [at] sonuni.com (no brackets/spaces and of course use an @).

As I've now had to say on numerous occasions over the past few months via email and on the main website, "Watch soaps. Don't be a soap."

So out of curiosity why don't you delete accounts if they've been inactive for years? Not freaking out just curious about the reasoning. One look at the members roster shows thousands of accounts without so much as a single post.

We don't delete accounts because it would delete the activity of said account from our system. This includes reasons why certain IPs have been banned. It'll also make it hard for us to keep track of email accounts that were banned as well. No source information to back up other aspects of the system makes no logistical sense.

So will anything ever be done about a few certain trolls on this board who continually bait posters here? It's gotten very old

Chile', you know the answer to this already! :lol:

So will anything ever be done about a few certain trolls on this board who continually bait posters here? It's gotten very old

I reported one of these members (I won't say who) you, presumably, are alluding towards and this person hasn't posted since. It could just be a coincidence, however.

Unless I get an email, PM or report I can't be expected to know who/what you are talking about. I don't get to read every thread or post.

Chile', you know the answer to this already! laugh.png

Which is?

I can't imagine how sad you'd have to be to want multiple accounts here at the same time. Or any board, really.