Fuller House

• Members

...The articles are about how the Christians are protesting against the show, not about how the show is run for them. Nor is there a mention of the show toning it down for them. The second season was even gayer than the first (right down to the younger son's apparent crush on Blake Shelton).

Edited by Vee

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, they're speculating, and having watched Season 2 I disagree, I don't see any difference from how they re-framed DJ as the "new Danny" from the beginning of the new show.

If anything the show has only gotten racier in content, and even more gay-friendly in the second season. And nothing in those articles proves that point or indicates the show is catering to hatemongers.

Edited by Vee

• Members

This show is...the least hateful thing on TV. Have you watched it, Carl? You'd be surprised by how little Cameron Bure's politics effect the show. They've implied that DJ and her boyfriend are having *gasp* pre-martial sex. The show has a lot of innuendo and double-entendres, it's not a "Christian" comedy at all. This isn't 7th Heaven with a laugh track.

• Members

And D.J. made friends with Lachlan Buchanan's gay guy at that Irish wedding! Not to mention that the constant homoerotic stuff with her, Kimmy, Stephanie and the guys - and the freewheeling love triangle she has with both Matt and Steve, or DJ drinking and/or clubbing - is way beyond what Kirk Cameron would approve of.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Idle thought: I think they're hedging their bets/playing the long game on the whole Matt/D.J./Steve triangle, judging by the end of Season 2 which leaves it somewhat ambiguous. Jeff Franklin says here that he likes John Brotherton and CCB together, and I do too - I think the whole Matt thing took off bigger than the spoiler he was probably originally intended as because they liked JB and he had great chemistry with Bure. But I don't think they're done with that quadrangle. I think they're going to end up with Steve and D.J. in the long run.

Steve was much more tolerable in S2 now that he isn't a gross stalker, and he and D.J. were a lot more fun than before. But I'm still Team Matt, so I hope I'm wrong. He is still a regular.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Steve and DJ are 100% end game, IMO. I grew to really like Matt and DJ together so either couple works for me, but it's clear Steve and DJ are endgame. The hardcore fans don't seem to love Franklin's toying but to lose Matt to pair DJ and Steve doesn't make sense right now.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I've only seen one episode that features Matt and he is funny but not sure about his pairing with DJ. Fernando is the one that is stealing the show for me. Steve has only been in one episode so far that I have seen in season 1.

Edited by Soapsuds