Favorite Characters of All Time

Khan

• Members

If we have covered this particular topic in the past, then it must have been so long ago that I can't recall it OR find another thread about it around these parts. (Unless, of course, the thread is right under the old nose and I've merely overlooked it. That's also possible.)

As always, feel free to run this ball anywhere you wish...as long as it doesn't include characters from soap operas, either daytime or primetime.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think we've had it before, but it's always good for another go.

It may be considered a primetime soap, but my favorite primetime TV character of all time is Dawson's Creek's Jack McPhee. He is the father of my children, and I love that man.

I love so, so many TV characters. I couldn't possibly just make a list because I'd be here all day trying to come up with criteria for narrowing it down.

• Members

goodman_roseanne_fitwidth_489.jpg

Roseanne Connor, seasons 1 through 6. I admit she became way too cynical and negative seasons 7-9, and was too busy trading insults instead of mothering her kids, but seasons 1 through 6 were magic, in my eyes. The early years especially possessed a perfect blend of humor and wit, along with genuine love and affection for her family.

• Members

KC Kowalski (China Beach)

Laurette Barber (China Beach)

Cathy Martin (St. Elsewhere)

Wayne Fiscus (St. Elsewhere)

Theon Greyjoy (Game of Thrones)

Dean Winchester (Supernatural)

Shirley Bellinger (Oz)

Kay Howard (Homicide)

Meldrick Lewis (Homicide)

Roger Lococco (Wiseguy)

Frank McPike (Wiseguy)

Bobby Briggs (Twin Peaks)

Laura Palmer (Twin Peaks)

Mike Logan (L&O)

• Members

There were a lot of great characters on Oz. In terms of writing and acting and not staying around too long, she was my best choice. Second I'd put Ryan or Vern - Vern was a hell of a character, superbly acted all the way through and well written until near the end, when the show as a whole had totally run out of steam.

Archived