Y&R: March 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Heh, I did like drunk Neil telling off Lily, but more to the point it's clear that Pratt is definitely dredging up his Melrose/Titans/Beach days of shocks with Christine being mulled over by Nikki and Neil today.

As with Austin's murder and the whole disaster sweeps story, the show is clearly lacking substance. Y&R has a long rich history of thrills and stunts but at least during the Bell regime there was always substance behind it. And competent, compelling writing.

I suppose next Diane will come back from the dead and haunt Jack and Phyllis eventually bombing the Abbott mansion.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, like all of you, so far Kyle is not really taking my breath away or anything but I'll give him a couple weeks to see whether he's a dud or not.

I also liked Devon throwing that bit of history between Neil and Malcolm (and Sophia) into the conversation. Neil brushed that fact aside pretty quickly though.

It feels like these plots are moving so quickly that people barely have time to register anything but the most basic of emotions (raw anger and grief) doesn't seem like there is time for much else the way this show is being paced now.

For instance, Nikki mentioned Austin's memorial but who told Nikki? There used to be a time when we would see Nikki being told on camera, either by Noah or a tearful Summer and we'd get to see Nikki's reaction and response. Are those kinds of scenes and conversations a thing of the past now?

We at least got to see Phyllis find out but what about Nick? It's so strange that Summer has yet to turn to the father she professed to love so vehemently. I thought she'd immediately run and try to find him.

Y&R has been chipping away at these little moments over the years but it's in high gear now.

• Members

One thing that didn't make sense to me was, Abby invited everyone to the cabin anonymously. Nobody knew it was Abby throwing the party until they got there.Yet Kyle claimed he was coming to town to surprise Abby at her party. How did he even know she was throwing it?

• Members

I tried watching today and I was squirming the whole time. From Neil hitting Cricket and Nikki taking the wrap to Austin's funeral. Just ugh. Y&R is pure sh-t. All of these stories have come out of the blue with no damn build up. That irks my soul.

And Mr. Vixen, I agree. Matt Atkinson was criminally wasted on this show. Austin could've been something special from the start had he not been created by incompetent idiots and killed off [supposedly] by another one.

Archived