Bruce Jenner Interview With Diane Sawyer

SoapDope

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of my best friends is a trans woman of color. People like her are being murdered left and right. Making it home alive is a legitimate nightly concern for her.

Bruce Jenner doesn't face quite the same challenges, nevertheless, my heart goes out to him for being so very brave to live his truth as such a famous person in such a nasty transphobic world. He is a hero.

• Members

i'm eager to see his series. This has to be so difficult. Living in the spotlight since his 20s as a legendary athlete and heartthrob fighting off his true self. When he was younger, Bruce probably didn't know what the hell was going on. Quite the struggle. I can't wait for his interview. I hope Sawyer digs deep, and I hope Bruce shares how he kept this to himself for so long. I'm beyond intrigued.

• Members

I think that he was married to Kris Jenner is really leading to a lot of the sensational aspect to this story. Not sure I'd even thought about Bruce Jenner in the last 25 years, but being related to Kris and Kim makes this fodder for the wrong type of media. I remember wondering if it was just tabloid lies when the story first started to leak.

Anyway, I wish him the best of luck and hope he finds happiness. I'm guessing the divorce from Kris was a good first step in that direction.

• Members

Did the article say Bruce was driving away from paparazzi when the accident occurred? If so, then the deceased woman's survivors, along with everyone else involved in the collision, might have grounds for a lawsuit against the photographers. Meanwhile, my heart goes out to all parties involved, including Bruce. Such a tragedy.

• Members

So, a woman is dead because he didn't want someone to take his picture. You know something, if you want to be anonymous, you can do it easily. Papparazzi can only CHASE you if you RUN. So someone would pull up next to him and snap pictures while he's driving... Guess what Bruce, if they take the pictures and make money from them, the sun will still rise tomorrow. Don't drive recklessley and try to escape from their view, and kill someone in the process. They are carrying cameras, not guns.

Archived