42nd Annual Daytime Emmy Pre-Noms Revealed

John

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually think the system works for better or worse. It's the same as the Primetime Emmy's where the person can select a single episode to be judged upon. I personally like the idea of the actor and actress picking one tape for a nomination, and then another tape to be considered for a win. I would say throw in another random tape from a random day to be considered for as well as the other two tapes, but I think you get to a point where multiple tapes just dilute the process.

I think that is more or less because tradition kind of turned lead actress into that because soaps were very matriarchal so it stood to reason that the best leading actresses were veteran actresses who led story for multiple years. From the pre-noms this year that may change a bit, but honestly I am fine with Lead Actress being more or less defined as best "Veteran Actress on a soap", because a lot of younger actresses don't deserve to be in contention a lot of the time.

James Scott doesn't submit himself anymore because he felt pretty sore about not being nominated for Lexie's death, which he considered to be some of his best work, so he no longer submits. He would have been a fantastic choice for Lead Actor though.

• Members

I never understand why John McCook is always nominated for a lead, when Eric only appears like twice every other month...Though I guess he had some scenes with Ridge after the fall, but still....

Billy Miller is one of their pets so they are gonna make sure he gets to pick the soap he wants to be nominated for regardless of how many episodes he was in....

Jacob Young IMO is more of a leading actor...

I have to admit, the story is terrible (and on the back burner now apparently...no surprise there..) but I'm sort of glad Tracey Bregman got a leading actress nom, but please.....do not submit those scenes of you laughing after Michael told you he had cancer...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived