Y&R: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree -- she's a beautiful woman. I'm just thinking about it in terms of characters, and how well they would be matched, not how well they would look together. Maybe it's difficult for me to let go of the fact/image that Billy was a lovesick teenager when Phyllis married his much, much older brother for the first time. It creeps me out to think of them together now. Considering JH is the only charming man on the cast, and GT one of the few women who is even mildly interesting, again they could make it work. But how long before they both try to gaslight each other? Or murder each other? How long before we're watching Y&R's version of Nina & Franco (only, this time, they're not in an asylum, they're in a penthouse). Etc. :lol: I'm exaggerating, obviously, but I think it'd be too much crazy, so I hope they don't go there.

Oh my God, I couldn't even be bothered to remember who "Steve" is -- it took me a while to recall there is a character named Dylan. You're right, how horrid would that be!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't side eyeing the idea that she might look older at times, although I don't really think so. I'm side eyeing the glaring double standard that being with a guy who's not that much older is so terribly aging for her. Yet somehow Jack being with a woman 20 years younger is A-OK. That double standard is so rampant among soap fans and I really don't get it. One more way soaps are antiquated and insulting to women, but so many (remaining) fans eat it up.

• Members

I can't be bothered to read all this agenda driven drivel.

At the end of the day, it's absurd that Devon would give away so much money without asking anything in return. Jill nor Cane are a charity. Do any viewers expect anyone else on the show to do this? Victor? Jack? Adam? Even Abby was PARTNERS with Devon when she financed his music label. There is something called common sense. And this belies it.

I'm not going to get on the great white hope. He should be dead anyway.

• Members

Yeah....she shreiked. Congratulations...Summer went from one place to another.Crying.And.Crying.And. Shreiking.

She should be up for an Oscar.

Victoriosis Boredomosis and ADD Abby? Pratt...look around. These three are NOT the A-List on this show.

Austin is cute, but he reminds me of a Claymation character from Rudolph.

Starring Jason Morgan Steve Burton as Dullan.

Joel Brooks was the highlight of th trial today. The scenes w/ Faith, his eye contact with her... great job

Sage needs to fall in the volcano next but DAMN, JH was looking fierce today!

Burgess Meredith whining about Snortoia was putting me to sleep.

Loved the shade Faith threw at Avery!

• Members

THANK YOU!!!! This turn of Devon giving his money away accompanied by Cane getting to "save the day" makes Devon classic mystical negro trope. I am not here for it Chuck Pratt! Let Devon be his own hero...or at least the hero of his own damn story. Afterall, they had no problem intentionally making him villainous to poor blind Neil.

• Members

I'm gonna bet that Devon will be killed off soon that's why their having him give away most of his money Kay left him.

CI as a company will disapear after Jill n Cane learn the company is worth nothing but the paper it's written on.

Victor will use money that he gets from Devon to stabilize Newman and at the same time ruin Jack by taking Jabot as the Phyliss is being used as a distraction so that Victor can take Jabot from the Abbotts.

Victor now has the formula for Ashley's perfume she's being working on. he's gonna beat Jack n Ashley by releasing it under Brash n Sassy which will cause Jabot major financial issues n the bank Jack turns to will be in Victors pocket. Once Jack relises it will be too late n Victor will own Jabot.

I'm also starting to think that Kelly is working with Victor to drive Phyliss crazy. Kelly gets Jack back while Victor has Jack distracted enough to take over Jabot.

Jack will be brought to his knees by Victor but Adam will help Jack back up and the two will team up and go to war against a Victor using Bingham Enterprise against Victor and NE with Jabot under Victors control.

• Members

All the financial details are absurd. Devon has the money to buy Chancellor Industries? I would have never thought CI was only worth a couple billion. Kay's company was supposed to be as large as Victors. Microsoft and many other multi-national corporations are worth 400-500 Billion. CI isn't worth much more than a successful start-up.

Why start with the purchase of CI on common sense with the Jill/Kay story line?:

- Why didn't Tucker, or why hasn't Devon, had any interest in their supposed grandfather Judge Arthur Hendricks? His death was never mentioned so I assume he's alive and still thinks Jill is his daughter. No one's told him differently.

-How can Charlotte Ramsey deliver a baby a baby girl from Katherine's womb and it later turns into a man?

-Why wouldn't Mac, Phillip III, Chance, not to mention numerous friends attend Kay's funeral?

-Why would ownership of CI not be stated in Kay's Will?

-Why would Kay favor Devon over her other offspring in handing out the $$$?

-Why didn't she give any money given to Charity?

- Why did she make Ester an indentured servant?

- What does that music box mean?

- Who the hell is Jill's mother if Neal Fenmore is her father? How exactly is Neal Fenmore her father?

-Where is all Colin's money? He ran international drug ring and supposedly had many legitimate business too. If Genevieve has his money why wouldn't he go after it? Why is he acting like Jeffery the con man instead of a mob boss?

-Why didn't Tucker spend any time on McCall Unlimited business? Why the preoccupation with Jabot?

MAB messed up everyone & everything in the Chancellor clan. The ever changing writing staff hasn't figured out what's what because what doesn't exist. MAB never made the case for the initial ret-cons. How can the following story make sense out of nonsense? Unless they go back to the where she started & fix it it will always be this way.

And Jack gets screwed without explanation ALL THE TIME. I have no idea how Victor all the sudden bested Jack & Adam on the last go around. It seemed like it took one episode for Victor to take control of everything.

• Members

Yep, I really hope something like this is the case -- that he plans to be involved -- or at the very least the money will be returned to him.

All in all, the storyline was terribly wasted. All that happened was that Jill grovelled at Victor's feet, and Colin extorted millions and million of dollars out of Devon. In the end, Cane rode in and saved them both. I guess it was too much to expect a good business story.

Archived