FANT4STIC: Fantastic Four Reboot

Cheap21

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Adoption....was that seriously a question?

And why is it such a big deal to folks they Reed isn't some old geezer? I like that he's a young/middle aged guy professional.

I just don't get the hate but oh well I hope this comes out and performs better than expected. I love the costumes the more I see them and Doom looks very frightening

• Members

I don't think the Lantern movie was "great". but I also don't think it deserves the online garbage that usually gets thrown at it.

I hope the Thing gets a pair of tidy undies quickly in the movie,don't relish the idea of him running around with his junk hanging out.

The trailer actually looks decent, but I'm still worried that the casting of Jordan as Johnny might be the LEAST problem the movie has.

• Members

I think a big part of the problem is the worry how comic book movies perform when they sway from the "storyline bible". For every Christian Bale Batman success there's always the last Spider-Man movie's crapfest.

• Members

From a comic book point of view the FF is the mother of the entire Marvel comics, and so many of the concepts employed even in the other titles originated in FF. If you removed every idea created in FF from all Marvel comics, there would be a ton of blank pages monthly. The run of the first 100 issues, especially from 40-60, are considered the best run of comics ever by many people, and Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's masterpiece. You may not know who they are, as most don't, but they created almost all of Marvel comics and just about every character we see in all these films.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

The biggest problem is they based this movie on the "Ultimate" universe version instead of the Marvel mainstream one. There's a reason that that universe (with the exception of the Ultimate Spiderman) was written out of the comics. That, and they totally screwed up with Doctor Doom just as bad as the earlier movies.

• Members

And not the kind of bad that makes it fun to watch like Catwoman. It's just poorly made. It's boring and choppy. So boring that even with all the flaws and problems it had, the one that drove me crazy was the way that Mara couldn't even do a decent job of fake typing on a keyboard.

• Members

The difference was the Avengers was successfully able to use whatever worked well in the Ultimate universe, while maintaining the aura of the characters most fans were used to. Also, the UU version (called "the Ultimates") seemed to be more popular than Ultimate FF. You're right though, maybe bringing in the mainstream team might not have helped,the movie WAS bad on so many levels (including the chemistry between the actors).

Archived