Actors who talk down their soap past

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just wish some had more class

Hell Bellamy Young (Scandal) who played Courtney Evans, Morgan's GF on AW in 1995 and got replaced still talks about how great AW was for her (even she says it was low budge, lol)

Starts at 2:39

• Members

* Kevin Bacon- I recall in some magazine(I believe it was right after GL's cancellation notice), where he slammed his time there and spoke of how he couldn't wait to leave and even went as far to say how horrible "the writing was" and this was when Marland was writing the show!

*Brian Bloom- ATWT. still don't understand his resentment towards the show at the time? Dusty was the golden boy!

*Wendy Moniz- as much as I loved her portrayal of Dinah, I've often heard of her diva attitude BTS and was always ready to bolt as she did as soon as her contract was up and the rumors confirmed it once she said she would never do daytime again! this shocked me since she was GL's princess during her time there! also there were stories of how nasty her and Grillo were towards Laura Wright after she joined the show and came between Dinah and Hart although I'm not 100% sure on that rumor, they were pretty nasty towards coworkers??

• Members

Actually, both guys played the 'loser' in their teen love triangles. A lot of these actors were pretty young (late teens to early 20s) when they were on their show

Charlotte Ross (original/Real Eve DOOL) put it best when she described her four years at Days as high school. You go to learn about acting, learning lines, timing, discipline and then you depart to do something else and put that training to good use. While high school teaches you a lot, no one I know ever wants to relive those years again especially if it's video-taped.

So I can see why most of these actors don't like to mention or look back at those years.. because to them, it is a lot like high school.. plus for many, it was their first job.. and unlike most first jobs, this particular one is taped and can be played back at you at will anytime you are on a talk show.

• Members

I've seen some actors talk very highly of soaps after moving on to better work when they definitely didn't have to though. Like if your character was underdeveloped, barely had a story, and it was kind of obvious onscreen that the HW didnt care for you I have no problem with you glazing over your time on soaps.

• Members

I was just about to say that. Didn't his old, funky ass come back in 2010? It ain't too bad, you came back for a check.

See that's the sh*t I don't like. You go on to get a little bit of fame and then you dog where you came from. That's why I am a firm believer that the people you sh*t on going up the ladder are the same faces you'll see coming back down.

Archived