Actors who talk down their soap past

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Overall, I felt Frost's Betsy, as written by Doug Marland, was more mature than Meg Ryan's. (Relatively speaking, of course. I'm sure some will argue that her Betsy still was none too bright when it came to Steve and later Josh.). But, OTOH, I felt her Betsy was rather like a cold fish. Not that Ryan's Betsy was what you'd call an instantly inviting presence...but you know what I mean.

On at least one occasion, she intimated that the work was dreary and that everyone was too busy partying BTS to care about anything else.

• Members

You know, in spite of my feelings about her and her (alleged) feud with Susan Lucci, I have to give Sarah Michelle Gellar props for being willing to talk about her work on AMC. As far as I know, she's never been negative about the show, or about daytime in general.

• Members

Plenty of good things can come and have come from daytime. It's just been a long time since you could say that with a straight face about most of the network soaps. But in Lauren Holly's time, things were different. And let's face it, that woman would take another stunt guest star casting on Y&R in a hot minute now to pay her bills. I'm waiting for it to happen any day.

• Members

Wings Hauser who played Greg Foster (1977-1981) on Y&R has made several slams towards the show over the years. He said soaps were a "Hair Show" and that he gets sick hearing actors whine about the daily grind of doing one and that it's bull. He said he learned to never do a soap again from the experience. He also complained about his character, the writing etc...

Funny thing is that he wasn't too good to do a return guest stint on the show a few years ago.

I noticed that Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki) who played his wife on the show (1979-1981) never mentions Wings name in interviews, Just that Greg Foster was Nikki's first husband.

Archived