B&B - January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

To be honest this Othello actor is a bit painful to watch at times... I wish they would have put Oliver in his place.

Markjeh you rock that shirt! And you also are a cutie. Way to go biggrin.png

This A storyline is so exciting and well-paced to me, that I don't feel the lack of a B story. Especially considering how boring everyone can get on this show.

I would also like to add that I never saw why they kept KM and LSV. But I stand corrected. I love them on the show, they've been priceless additions, especially KM.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HOT DAMN!!! Friday's episode gave me life! Rick pulled off the Soap Opera Takeover effortlessly. Apart from all the drama that will (hopefully) come from this, Ridge very much deserved this slap in the face because God knows he's f-cked people over, especially Thorne, many a time. And JY played the conniving businessman/son/adulterer perfectly, without ever becoming too much or unsympathetic. That is not an easy thing on today's soap climate. B&B does boardroom drama now better than Y&R. ph34r.png

Too much Othello. Way too much. Way way waaaaay too much. But I see why they needed him.

LG gave EXCELLENT reaction to Rick's announcement that he is still with Maya and their marriage is over. I expect, DEMAND, a full explosion on the next episode. I don't want her to just get pissed and run into Ridge's arms--I want her to get REVENGE.

YAAAAS, hunni.

• Members

Can any of you lovely betches give me dates of exactly when (or thereabouts) Rick & Maya's affair started, Ridge & Caroline's 'affair' and when Rick first introduced this idea about the papers? Would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• Members

OK. I cheated and read the TV listing previews for the episodes this week and I think it's going to be a good week for B&B. Who'd have thought that Quinn's selfie with Bill > Ridge in drink > Partnering with Caroline 2.0 > Best B&B storyline in a long time.

• Members

"GET OUT!!!!!!!" Yas, Caroline, hunni, you tell 'em! :lol: LG showed up for WORK today, in looks AND acting. She's a perfect example of an actress/character I initially found merely acceptable but has graduated into something better (with the help of the story). And Jacob Young was also great. These two carried the weight of the reveal flawlessly. I was surprised Caroline still wants to make it work but it would have been too quick if she swore revenge straight away. She'll try, he'll continue to treat her like crap, and at some point she will snap. I am HERE for this!

Maybe next time Eric will listen to Carter.

LOL at Ivy asking Maya if she's sure about her place in Rick's life. I will die laughing if Maya's move into the Forrester mansion ends up with her having her things thrown out.

• Members

I'm telling ya, she needs to swear sweet, sweet revenge!

As for the clothes, I definitely noted the use of red during a boardroom confrontation... reminded me of the classic Brooke scenes in which she'd show up for this type of stuff in red.

• Members

Today's show was so good! JY and LG brought it for sure! This was great writing/acting/directing all around and just what daytime needs more of. Who needs fancy outdoor shots (tho B&B does them best) or stunts when you can put a bunch of characters with history together into one room and let the sh*t fly!!

Of course, you need a bunch of characters that actually have history together. No one cares about twenty newbies.

• Members

And that's what makes this really work - Myrabella and Rick have a solid history prior to this, then Myrabella/Carter and Caroline from previous summer. Obviously, Rick/Eric/Ridge. B&B has done a great job of taking some backburned, criminally in JY's case, characters are making a rocking A story that has everything - corporate, romance, deception, family, etc. Kudos to Brad for having a great post-Hope plan. (I think they knew a long time ago that KM was leaving.)

BTW - I've noticed during the past couple of months, that Caroline/Carter have had 'little' chats together. I wouldn't mind having them test this out a little further. Honestly, they could be smoking together for some type of fling. However, I think the real money is the bizarrely hot and sort of taboo chemistry between TK/LG. My only hope is that they somehow get JJ back (via $Bill) even for two episodes to rip into Ridge about the whole Caroline 2.0.

• Members

I never thought in a million years, Mayan would be then reason I got hooked on B&B, but She has been a marvel to watch. From her delusions of grandeur to her unapologetic thristiness, I just want her to win it all. She has become a classic soap schemer, one not written under the guise of "crazy". And Caroline, I've always liked her, weirdly enough around the time they started to rewrite her character, when Maya and Rick first got together, was when I liked her the most.

I want to see both win, but that is a stretch. But in the meantime, I can't wait for Maya's reign in the Forrester mansion. I need her to put up her own portrait just for [!@#$%^&*] and giggles.

Archived