Days of Our Lives a boring mess…How would you fix it?

• Members

I just feel like Stefano has no more to offer. This schemes against Salem are old and DAYS needs to kill him off. It'd be a good arc going into the show's 50th year. Days needs to revive itself this upcoming year and getting rid of Stefano [and many others] would be the right thing to do going into the future. Love Joe Mascolo but Stefano is dead weight.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would get rid of Clyde, Ben, Jordan, Eve, Paige, Daniel, and JT's Roman.

Bring in John Martin as Bill, Laura would be restored and reformed in the form of Ellen Parker (Ex-Maureen, GL) or Maeve Kinkead (ex-Vanessa, GL), Wayne Northrop return as Roman and create a Bill/Laura/Kate/Roman quad. I would tie Maxine to Valerie Grant and bring in Amelia Marshall or Petronia Paley to play the character, Introduce Justin and Adrienne boys, bring Joe Gallison in on recurring status as Neil Curtis, I will make Anne MilBauer Anne Peters, I would replace Jennifer with Melissa. I would like to do a backstory to Lucas military school days and tie in Neil Curtis daughter, Noelle into it.

• Members

Yes to majority of this! I am all for Maeve or Ellen playing Laura. Hell, I couldn't even pick between the two because I love them so much.

Despite my hatred for Jennifer, I do think that she should stay. They just need to bring Jack back from the dead already. But I am glad that you mentioned Laura because I'd have her return to find out that JJ [after breaking up with Paige] is screwing Kate. It would reignite Kate v. Laura with Bill wedged in the middle. We haven't even factored in how Lucas, Jen, and possibly Mike would react.

Another idea I'd do:

Get Jennifer back to the Spectator. She and Jack would take back over the paper and appoint Abby, Will, and Nicole and journalists with Eric being the photographer; however, the paper would be ran by a mysterious publishing company that pans out to be a very much alive Lawrence Alamain. On his debut, Lawrence's henchman would kill Daniel [a bullet to the head] and flee. Lawrence, nowhere near the scene of the crime would of course be blamed but it's humanly impossible for that to happen. Bo, Carly, and Nicky would come back to attend Daniel's funeral and confirm their suspicions that Lawrence was live. Hope would be pissed to learn that Bo has been MIA because he was protecting Carly. But Bo is pissed that Hope moved on with Aidan. Seeing as Lawrence is staying in Salem for the time being, Bo, Carly, and Nicky would stick around to watch him.

Maggie, grief-stricken over Daniel, slowly becomes unhinged. She knows Lawrence had her son killed because he had a bastard child with Carly. Melanie would leave town out of fear.

Jennifer and Jack try to quit the paper but Lawrence has them contractually bound to run the paper. If they break the contract, they are going to be sued. Jack and Jen grin and bear it as they are forced to work alongside their old foe. It does not help either that Lawrence appoints Nicky and Aunt Vivian to oversee everything that Jack and Jen are doing.

Abby [along with others] don't take a liking to any of the Alamains despite Carly and Nicky true intentions to help the denizens of Salem. Carly would try and to kill Lawrence on the sly on numerous accounts, but Bo would stop her. Lawrence would set his sights on his foe, Bo, other wife, Hope. This would eventually become an obsession as Bo is at a crossroad.

Protect Carly or Hope? He knows he can't protect both because Lawrence would target the one Bo isn't paying attention to.

Nicky and Abby would eventually fall for each despite a toxic work relationship. Lawrence would of course encourage this pairing [to stick it to the Hortons] while Jack and Jen would protest it. Carly would also fall for Mike, who true intentions in seducing Carly is to put Bo back in Hope's orbit. Once Carly find out the truth, she's pissed but Mike has truly fallen for her; meanwhile, Mike is another Horton that Lawrence plots to target eventually too.

• Members

Days can't be fixed Ken Corday doesnt care about the fans he even said that in his interview. The newbies are filling the screen the writers are lazy I mean really Lazy. I dont know why they thought it was a great idea to bring Melanie back and have every single character on screen act thrilled shes back and care about her...I personally dont want to see that and have fast forwarded all the Melanie/Maggie/Daniel/Brady/Jen/New Girl with Eric scenes since she has returned. sadly that is most of the show these days. I find it odd that Daniel has a home while Marlena is hanging around the bench and hospital. I think after the 50th if i was DH i would step into the elevator and just leave....we all know Ken Corday is prepping this show for 2016 when it will try and find a home on the net. We know power actors wont be heading to the internet show thats why they are stuffing them down our face.

• Members
I love this too! Get Jennifer out of that hospital and back at the spectator!! That's a good group of characters working together Jack/Jennifer/Abby/Will/Nicole/Eric and Jack and Nicole could be the new Jack and Billie. I would love to tie Kate to that as well, taking her back to her roots as well.

That's one thing that is missing....BUSINESSES!

Where is the Titan Drama (Victor/Brady/Justin/Alexander/Phillip)

Where is the Basic Black Drama

(John/Kate/Lucas/Carrie/Austin)

Maggie nosing around and offering advice at Chez Rouge or bring Doug and Julie back full time to run Doug's place.

Also friendships are missing. Maggie and Marlena have always been best friends and they only shared 3 scenes since Marlena's 2011 return. I always wanted to see a friendship between Stefano and Maggie or Julie much like Roger Thorpe and Maureen Bauer on Guiding Light.

• Members

I'm sick of coke head Brady strutting around running the hospital board and Titan any real corporation would have fired him or sent him to rehab yet his problem seemed to cure itself lazy lazy writing just to prop melAnie and dan heck even the scene today with notsarahhorton "oh your Daniel, your Eric's best friend" I almost puked

• Members

When it's time for Stefano to die I think he should be taken out by one of his enemies, or die of age, all alone. Having all those people forgiving him and be at his side as he die is not an ending a character like Stefano deserves.

I love all of this!

And this!

Archived