Suicide Squad

dragonflies

• Administrator

I didn't love it, but I liked it.  It comes to no surprise that Harley was my favourite character - she was hot, funny, dangerous, courageous, kicked ass.  I love Harley and Margot Robbie so this was perfect for me.  Would've loved to see more of Harley in the black/red jester outfit, but we just got like a 2 second glimpse of it.  I hope she'll get the chance to reprise this role.

The Joker is a huge character so I don't think he should've been given the secondary plot.  If you're going to have The Joker, you have to make him the main plot and the big bad guy.  In this movie, we didn't really see The Joker plot anything.  Apparently, a lot of his scenes, along with the backstory with Harley got cut out.  As far as Leto's performance as The Joker, I didn't think there was enough material to fully judge one way or the other.   Hope the "10 minutes" that were cut will be added to the dvd/blu ray version.   Harley and The Joker should've gotten their own movie where they go around causing mayhem as the Clown Prince and Princess.

I didn't really like the main bad guys - Enchantress and her brother.  

I also didn't like utra-slow-motion at the end - there's a time and place to use those type of slow-motion, but what happened at the end was overboard.  Come on, David Ayer!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually thought Jared Leto was fine. The aesthetic was the most questionable thing about his performance but that is a creative decision from the studio/director, which is not necessarily his fault. His best scene was the flashback work he had with Harley before she dipped herself in acid, with the "would you die for me/would you live for me" scene.

By far the worst part of the film was the Enchantress as the main villain.

• Members

What a mess this movie was!  Why in the sam hell would a witch be involved in this plot?  That was a big mistake!  Just all over the place.  

Viola Davis was the only saving grace, and dare I hope I see her in Batman because I would certainly watch that.  Ben A is just getting fine with time!  He has grown into a very handsome man.  

• Members

I agree that Viola was HBIC and I loved it.  But of course, I liked the movie. ;P

I agree about Ben as well. The only time I have ever found him do-able was in Dogma. But as of late even I have to admit that he has been aging well.

Archived