Suicide Squad

dragonflies

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

I'm not really that impressed. This movie looks too niche and I hate how the Joker looks. I know they want to separate him from Heath Ledger's but it screams trying too hard and I feel most of the general audience is going to agree.

I liked the line that other metahumans existed but were hiding/Gov't keeping them secret and since Superman's arrival in Man Of Steel they've been coming our of the shadows. That's a good way to start building a universe.

• Members

I think it was a very well-done trailer, and both Viola and Margot Robbie look to be doing excellent work. I just think this is the kind of weird niche property you only introduce later on in this kind of production cycle, after establishing bigger heroes (like Marvel and GOTG). DC is doing too much too fast.

The larger problem is, this film's tone and atmosphere isn't just this film's tone and atmosphere - it's the same gritty, dark tone used in the Batman and Superman flicks. The films in the Marvel series, while there is a consistency of brand, often have different tones, ideas and voices from film to film. Ant-Man is not going to be the same as GOTG, or Age of Ultron, or The Winter Soldier or Thor. But all of DC's films, while mostly well-cast so far, are currently all the same - dark, grim. Suicide Squad is the same when it should be the outlaw.

Archived