Suicide Squad

dragonflies

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ew times two. I can tolerate Will Smith at times but Jared Leto is just skeevy as !@#$%^&*]. Even if the stories about him aren't true, his behavior last year (essentially patting himself on the back for deigning to play a transsexual and making a lot of tacky, pathetic jokes) was offputting in the extreme.

• Members

That's surprising because out of all the casting announcements she's the one I'm most excited/hopeful about. Something about her and the way she looks screams Harely Quinn to me. I'm thinking of the Harley Quinn from the Batman animated series who could go from that innocent baby sounding voice to being completely enraged and violent within seconds. She looks very capable of playing both extremes.

I need to investigate this Amanda Walker character. I don't know much about the Suicide Squad but IGN also mentioned that character's name and said it was a crucial focal point/person. So I'm def curious to see what her story is. But at the same time I don't want to spoil myself on what the plot will be.

• Members

I don't remember Harley being built like a brick you-know-what house like Robbie is (that's a testament to Margot's statuesque body than anything else). I just think she more physically resembles the DC Enchanteress character (like you I don't really know much about the SS, I'm more familiar with the Marvel character with the same Enchanteress name). I agree with you she might pull off the persona though.

• Administrator

I don't really know anything about the Suicide Squad except for their appearence on Arrow. The Joker is one of my favourite villains and I only know him in the Batman universe, so I'm intrigued how he's going to be used in this movie. No judgement on the Leto casting. But I'm sure it's going to be different than Ledger's Joker. I like the casting of MR as Harley Quinn.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

This is another example of how Warner/DC gets it wrong. Marvel took their time creating individual movies so by the time people started meeting up itwa anticipated. First they have a new Superman meeting a Batman recast. Then they have a Justice League starring a bunch of characters never on the screen before. Now here comes the super villain movie starring once again villains never on screen and one recast.

Why not just make a Batman move with Jared Leto as the Joker and then spin him off into this? The rush to have a slew of movies is ridiculous considering how they spent the last 10 years refusing to make anything of quality that didn't star Batman.

And the no humor rule is ridiculous.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Honestly that looks awful. I get they are trying to separate Jared Leto's Joker from Heath's, but this looks like DC/WB is trying too hard. We already know Joker is a crazy psychopath, we don't need a bunch of tattoos like that "damaged" tattoo on the forehead to remind us. I don't know why you wouldn't borrow the look of the Joker from the popular Batman Arkham games. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

• Members

Jared Leto is creepy no matter what he looks like. The photo just makes me shrug. It screams bad cosplay, especially the idiotic mess on his forehead and forearms.

Someone watched too many old Marilyn Manson videos.

Archived