Soap Opera Producer Is Now an Ambassador and John McCain is not happy about it

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, please, John McCain is the same person who selected an idiot as his running mate, so he is hardly one to judge qualifications. As an ambassador, the biggest qualification is people skills and being able to communicate, and I would think that Bell has that judging from her background as a bundler.

• Members

She was one of the people who could not even answer basic questions in her confirmation hearings, so I get the irritation, but these are non-jobs given to those who raise money. McCain's involvement just feels like grandstanding because ever since 2008 he's been:

tumblr_inline_mvi6lp76Kv1reygjb.gif

• Members

There is an anger to McCain that there isn't in the other politicians. There is no country he doesn't want to invade it seems. One might have thought that a military genius such as himself would have realized the British got bogged down in Afghanistan, the Soviets got stuck in a quagmire there, and yet McCain was one of President Cheney' chief cheerleaders for invading. Also, McCain knew as well as Cheney, Rumsfeld and some others that military dictators like Saddam Hussein are never religious or have any religion in their ideology. There is no reason why McCain would think Saddam had anything to do with Al Quaeda, but he went along with Cheney's lies.

People like McCain and Joe Lieberman have a thirst for war that can never be satisfied. The US has now been non-stop at war something like 13 years. That's great business for the people who build planes and missiles and coffins, but not so great for the soldiers who wind up maimed and dead. McCain would see us fight in Syria, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan simultaneously. I truly think his own experiences have left him where he needs war.

• Members

McCain could've done at least a little to help unite the country in 2008 and 2009 after he'd lost, bridge some of the divide, if only he could've gotten past his temper, his pride and his deep resentment towards Obama. But those have always been his biggest weaknesses, so unfortunately one of the few relatively moderate Republicans we have left is lost to us and has since destroyed what legacy he had.

• Members

I couldn't give dos cacas about the political aspects of this. I'm just annoyed that he equates being a soap opera producer with, I guess, being ignorant of politics. Colleen Bell's ability or inability aside, it's a cheap shot to keep calling back to her job as a B&B producer as if that's a telltale sign of stupidity.

Archived