DAYS: Month-long tribute to Frances Reid in honor of 100th anniversary of her birth...

• Members
JASON47'S MONTH-LONG TRIBUTE TO FRANCES REID AND ALICE HORTON...
10373666_501197530022526_505135068928511
Frances Reid was born 100 years ago this month, on December 9, 1914. Each day, I'll be posting videos to celebrate the life of Frances and the legacy of Alice Horton. Up first: The Hortons sing "Always" at Tom & Alice's 50th wedding anniversary, March 7, 1980...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right! The show PERIOD has lost all ties with history! Just look at the drivel that's on the show right now. Couples who were great couples/super couples are NOT even couples anymore. They have been paired with different characters or on their way to being paired with different characters. JUST NO RESPECT for the AWESOME LOVE STORIES that were developed and ALWAYS made the audience believe in LOVE! There's no adventure, romance, or mystery. WHERE'S THE FAMILY ELEMENT????? No mention of Tom and Alice basically, and I'm not saying that we should hear their names every day or every week, but a reference to them once in awhile to reiterate the big impact they have had on the show forever would be nice. Remembering Alice and Tom would be great every now and then, especially a reference to their marriage anniversary, birthdays, and the anniversary of their passing. I wish these writers were capable of digging into the deep rich history of Days to bring back old characters who haven't been on screen in 20+ years or even old past villains that caused havoc and could cause new havoc for the citizens of Salem today. It would be great to see couples on adventures and on the run. But what couples do they have? Abby and Ben are barely doing anything for me like I thought they would. Sonny and Will were great but right now lack steam at least for me right now. Rafe and Jordan never worked so I'm glad they broke them apart. Theresa "Jeannie" (her real name) and Brady just were never really suitable together. Nicole and Eric were a BIG BORE...SNOOZEFEST to me. I could go on and on! I did however, see potential with Jordan and Chad! But it's moot now because the Jordan is leaving. And I DO NOT want the return relationship of Chad and Abby! I think Ben and Abby can be something if they were written with better compelling material encompassing danger, adventure, and love story. The return of Melanie does add something, but I would really wish that Nathan would return as well, because MELANIE and NATHAN had OUTSTANDING CHEMISTRY! I would also suggest the return of Philip Kiriakis, Shawn Brady, and maybe Belle Black. But I wouldn't want Shawn and Belle together. With the character of Serena coming on board, I hope that Serena and Eric have good chemistry where I can root for them!

LOL the point of this rant is I'm just not very pleased with DAYS and the soap it has become. It is not the soap it once was and it NEEDS to be, respecting the rich history and awesome storytelling of romance. Soap Writers today, IMO, have become very lazy and lack creativity in their writing. It has no real imagination or escapism factor which soaps used to do so very well in the past! DAYS is my all-time favorite soap, but it's depressing on what it has become.

• Members
  • Members

Today: Alice's Birthday Celebration (Part One), January 23, 2003.
Today: Alice's Birthday Celebration (Part Two), January 23, 2003.
Frances Reid was born 100 years ago tomorrow, on December 9, 1914. Here's a look back at the early years of Frances.
1975243_504003943075218_4697819145308446
Frances Reid was born 100 years ago tomorrow, on December 9, 1914. Here she is with her husband, Philip Bourneuf.
10376162_504021639740115_783433736949109
"Why Everybody Loves Frances Reid" (by Robert Rorke) from the 1/5/93 Soap Digest issue:
frances1.JPG

• Members
100 YEARS AGO TODAY...DECEMBER 9, 1914...FRANCES REID WAS BORN
On the 100th anniversary of Frances Reid's birth, here's the memorial tribute done by her nieces:
On the 100th anniversary of Frances Reid's birth, here's the memorial tribute for Alice Horton, June 25, 2010 (Part One):
On the 100th anniversary of Frances Reid's birth, here's the memorial tribute for Alice Horton, June 25, 2010 (Part Two):

Archived