Bill Cosby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Standing by your man is one thing.  She could have said she acknowledges that her husband had problems but believes everyone, even a serial sexual predator, deserves rehabilitation and forgiveness.  We might have respected Camille for sticking by Bill under those circumstances, even if we couldn't necessarily understand or agree with her.  But, when you brand his accusers as liars and say the prosecutors and jury have engaged in "mob justice," you've pretty much lost the battle.  At a time when she needed to show restraint, she chose instead to lash out, thereby doing herself no favors with those who've long accused her of being complicit in his sexual perversions.

Edited by Khan

• Members

@Khan, you hit the nail right on the head. I know we will never know the whole story about their marriage, but I will never understand why she never left him. She could have been set for life. Why did he have to drug women and knock them out to get turned on? There would have been (and surely were) groupie-like women who would have willingly gone to bed with this rich and famous celebrity. He is a sick, twisted and evil man, and for enabling him, the Mrs. isn't much better.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

One of those tabloid sites claimed a few months ago it was their daughter's death making her have enough of him. I don't know.

Wait - are they getting their new from Radar? That is not a reliable site. 

Vulture seems to be getting more and more blatantly tabloid-ish.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Radar is generally not a great source, no, but the more granular details looked legit to me. If it's wrong I'll retract. I wouldn't have touched it if Vulture hadn't reprinted it, as for all their faults they do not tend to slavishly reprint from RadarOnline.

• Members

I like David Marchese and E. Alex Jung’s interviews a lot (Marchese’s interview with Quincy Jones was the most talked-about, but he’s gotten thoughtful, off-script stuff from many celebs; Jung’s interview with RuPaul was brilliant). But I think Vulture, like all outlets who get the bulk of their content from aggregating, can be desperate and slapdash in the quest for clicks, so I can understand some ambivalence. And they do slavishly pander to the most obnoxious elements on social media.