Captain (Ms.) Marvel gets her solo film!

Cheap21

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think she was fine as Catwoman, but she's too expensive and too high-maintenance for the kind of multi-year deals Marvel likes to lock people in for. Also, she's wrong for the part.

I live for the day Marvel gets the X-Men back, and while I am one of very few people interested in the new Fantastic Four film, I also wish the MCU had them too - in part because if they did, a certain Marvel corporate exec from above the bullpen would not be ordering them to shut down production of the comic book so as not to benefit Fox's film.

I also hope the rumors are true and that Sony and Marvel have worked out a deal for the MCU to use Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man. Because I think those films are actually good and he's great in them - he, and Emma Stone's wonderful past work as Gwen Stacy, and Sally Field as Aunt May all deserve to be part of the higher-caliber MCU.

As for the Widow, I bet Scarlett would not sign another long deal and so they won't do that. She's wonderful in the role she's in though. And the Daredevil series for Netflix is looking very good.

• Members

I just hope anger over Black Widow won't hurt this movie's chances.

I really think Natalie Dormer's a terrific presence but I don't know if she'd have the vulnerability to play this role.

They're making a Suicide Squad movie? Why?

I kind of wonder if Adriane Palicki (of the ill-fated Wonder Woman reboot on NBC) might be good in the role.

• Members

Massive Marvel audiences are pretty locked in at this point, they're printing money these days. No one is going to stay away from it based on a few whiners on social media four years earlier, especially not with the Black Widow continuing to be regularly featured. Anger on the Internet always looks bigger than it is, and most of it is pretty miniscule even today - people whining about "the wrong superheroine" are few and far between.

Adrienne Palicki is already playing Mockingbird on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as we speak, so she is out of the running.

As for DC, I don't know why they do anything. Or why they're planning to shove Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Aquaman and possibly more all into one movie in 2016 to try and kickstart their lagging film universe. I'd like to be happy that Jason Momoa is Aquaman, that openly bi Ezra Miller is the Flash (even if it is Barry Allen) and that The Rock is in the Shazam movie (as Black Adam), but I just think they're throwing [!@#$%^&*] together to try to play to catch up and that DC is a disaster on many levels these days. (I also think the chick they cast as Wonder Woman can't act, judging by her work in the Fast & Furious films.)

• Members

Im not familiar with her work but Ive seen some people suggest Kathryn Winnick

katheryn-winnick-pic.jpg

19828676.jpg

tumblr_mk2beopHds1qfw572o1_500.gif

Visually she has the look and if she can act, Id be all for her. The only potential problem is that I saw that she's only 5'6. She should be closer to 5'11 as she should be able to go toe to toe with most of the heavy hitters

I used to want Ali Larter in the role but I think she works best with a supporting cast. I cant see her headlining the film

Realistically though, this film is 4 years off. I don't see Hollywood casting a woman who will be 40 by then so they will pick someone who is late 20s/early 30s now and that might be for the best

• Members

Several reasons.

1. First of all, so they don't oversaturate the market. There's like a dozen movies coming before it. They have to space them out or they will cannibalize each other.

2. All the movies exist in the same universe and many share common story threads. Theres a clear map with how they want to end things leading into the final Avengers movie of Phase 3. Inifinity is a cosmic based story and she and the Inhumans are cosmic based stories. Placing the relase of those two in between Infinity War wasn't a coincidence

3. She's a woman and female superheroines do not have the best luck headling their own films. Catwoman, Elektra and Supergirl all bombed. Carol is known within the comic world, but she is not a mainstream name. They need the time to build her up and give her a push so that when she does get a solo, people will actually want to see her. There will be about 3-4 years worth of films where she can get introduced, not to mention SHIELD

• Members

There is a lot of rumor swirling around that the Avengers and Iron Man introduce a second wave of potential Avengers to the world at the end of Age of Ultron, including Carol Danvers. I half-suspect both she and Black Panther may appear in the film.

There's a lot of talk that Andy Serkis, who appears in the AOU trailer, is playing Ulysses Klaw, a well-known Black Panther villain. And apparently Black Panther himself is heavily featured in Cap 3, caught between Iron Man and Cap's ideologies - he may be in the Spider-Man role from the original Civil War storyline, though they are surely deviating heavily from that. But if they wanted to introduce the Panther (and Carol), small parts in AOU may help with that.

Archived