Avengers: Age of Ultron

Cheap21

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carol was always one of my favorites (and if you're a fan of hers along with others like Rogue, Jessica Drew, Scarlet Witch, you really should read Avengers Annual #10 - probably the best Avengers comic for many years, not even written by someone who wrote for the Avengers in these years...).

I always loved Janet Van Dyne too, and I doubt she will ever be in these movies, so it would be nice if Carol was. She has never quite clicked with Marvel readers, but I could see her doing well with film audiences.

• Members

AFAIK Janet may be in Ant-Man in some capacity, but it may be a flashback - her daughter is featured in the present-day, I believe. Janet is a big favorite of mine. I know she was originally supposed to be in the first Avengers, but they didn't feel they had enough time to properly develop her on top of everyone else.

I think Carol has clicked enough, really. She is not a huge star like some other Marvel females, but she is a mainstay and there is a consistent investment in her these days. Plus, I love what they've done with her legacy with the young Muslim girl.

• Members

Marvel truly had no idea what they were even doing with that story. Thanks go to Carol Strickland (and most of all Chris Claremont) for getting the ugliness of it all addressed.

http://carolastrickland.com/comics/msmarvel/

As for the Wasp - it seems wrong if the only way they can have a role for her is some sort of fridging. I would rather they just not mention her at all.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Wonderbread Wanda looking like generic fan graphics for Lord of the Rings, and the ever-middle-aged Pietro who is, I suppose, covering up his age spots?

I guess at least those posters are continuing the bizarre marketing campaign that has consistently put me off both of these casting choices.

• Members

Aaron Tyler Johnson is hot and that's all hes got going for him. He was just a pretty face and built like a tank body and that's all I remember of him from Godzilla last year.

I will say the trailers have gotten me semi interested....if only to see the fight scenes and James Spaders portrayal as the main Gillian. Chris Evans and Aaron are just eye candy incentives/bonuses at this point...

• 1 month later...
  • Members

anyone else see the film? I preferred the first one. This one, just didnt grab me the same way.

I was HIGHLY pissed that they

I also wasnt feeling the Black Widow and Hulk romance they tried to push. Just, no

Archived