Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alphanguy74

New Bette Midler Album "It's The Girls" Drops Nov. 4

I'm seeing quite a bit of buzz about this, and God knows there is a huge hunger for this kind of stuff in the over 40 crowd (No melisma, nor autotune), I predict it will go at least top 10 if not better. I'm thinking this is probably going to be the lead off single.

I adore her!

But you're fooling yourself if you think there won't be autotune. Every artist uses autotune, especially aging divas who may not have the range they once had. That's no shade at Bette - I love her.

Hmm, I have to say Ronnie Spector did this better. This version there is not really any sense of enthusiasm in the singing, whereas the original version you could hear how Ronnie was really selling it to the guy the song was addressed to.

I adore her!

But you're fooling yourself if you think there won't be autotune. Every artist uses autotune, especially aging divas who may not have the range they once had. That's no shade at Bette - I love her.

I just don't think she needs it. Many older ones don't do it on principle. But 2:40.... pretty damn flawless, and in the morning!

not really needing it isnt the same as not using it tho.

you would be amazed at the actual voice of many recent singers, in a good way.

I'd LOVE to be amazed, really I would. But this kind of seals the deal for me. Britney... oh Lord!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FweC46QHCm8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFweC46QHCm8&app=desktop

This is what singers should sound like RAW, with nothing but a bit of echo chamber.

Love Bette so much! Her voice is magic. That clip from The Continental Baths is incredible! (It's always weird seeing Barry Manilow playing piano for her.)