• Members

It actually was allegedly set during Eisenhower's inauguration, which I guess also fell on the night I Love Lucy aired the episode where Lucy gave birth? And those elements were going to come into play in some way, and somehow the Lodge beings' arrival was to be depicted with insects and a Formica table? I have no idea.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sunday's episode was truly riveting and mind blowing in some many respects. After the episode ended, I went to bed and those scenes replayed in my mind again and again. Now, two days later, the episode is still affecting me in so many ways. We truly have never seen anything like it on television before.

• Members

It was definitely a fascinating episode. I read some NYT article about it being "arthouse television" and how this is a struggle for television. I got what they meant, as this really wasn't like anything I've seen on TV in a long time as it really "went there," rather than just play-acting like an indulged child. But I hope it will serve as a boundary-breaker regardless of the ratings because I think with everything going to hell we really need TV to start speaking up more and taking more risks the way it did in the '70s and '80s.

• Members

Thanks. That was a very good interview, especially as they ask him about fans who are not that into the Dougie material (which I enjoy). Many of these fans come across as having perpetual tantrums so I doubt they're even still around to read his response, but I think he answers it as respectfully as an actor could.