• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@Vee thanks for the article on the ratings. I'm not really that surprised - I wasn't sure if it might be a bit higher, but realistically, the show has been off for 25 years and was a cult show. I decided to take your advice and go ahead and get the channel for a while. I've watched some of the first episode when I had time. I wondered what you thought of the box scene (the big moment i mean). I couldn't tell if he was trying to emulate some of the Japanese horror films. It reminded me more of Phantasmagoria (the game) - mainly the part where Gracie and the guy with the nipples were being slaughtered - it was one of those moments that was both slightly comic (maybe intentionally maybe not) and also terrifying. It had that '90s vibe to it. I'm kind of glad to see that type of thing again. 

• Members

I just watched the prequel movie, Fire Walk With Me, last night and it should have been obvious where they were going with the show. Before Laura Palmer died, Annie (Heather Graham) came to her in a dream and told her to write in her diary that "Good Dale" was stuck in the lodge and couldn't leave

• Members

I love that sequence, though I do prefer the long ominous build-up which is right out of the Missing Pieces, Mulholland Drive and Lost Highway. But the effects are kind of vintage Lynch - he loves janky CGI and weird effects, he doesn't so much care for realism.

Lynch has talked about that scene several times. He intended to use it as the way to get Cooper out in future unmade sequels, by having Laura save him in a way. I suspect that scene may still come up in the new show.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I was hoping that as well - that

Please register in order to view this content

Chen evidently wrote the letter before or during filming, so who knows. But I doubt she's in it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Episode 4: (so, spoilers)

Of course Michael Cena is the result of Andy & Lucy. Makes perfect sense!

Such a nice little shock to see Bobby as a police officer. I am stunned no one's mentioned that beautiful moment when he walks into the conference room and sees Laura's picture. And the music swelled. Such an iconic moment and wonderfully played by DA.

The doppelganger being mistaken for Cooper and then doing an impersonation of Cooper is so soapy. I absolutely love it. And Cooper assuming Dougie's identity is both teeth-itchingly frustrating and so very interesting. It's becoming even more clear how "Cooper's odyssey" of a return to Twin Peaks will take shape. Fine, as long as they pay it off.

I immediately thought Albert was referring to Audrey. I don't know if I'd like the other character mentioned being made into a drunk --

-- but Lynch will Lynch and I'm here to see where he takes it.

• Members

The scene with Bobby seeing Laura meant a lot to me as I was very much into their relationship. I didn't mention it as I didn't want to spoil things for people who were watching just through the TV airings. 

• Members

I didn't notice this at first - at the diner in the second hour of the premiere, the Bad Dale/doppelganger is eating creamed corn (garmonbozia). Later, in episode 3, when Coop escapes the underworld, the Bad Dale vomits up both creamed corn and black oil.