• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Some of the first reviews: NYT's is decent if guarded, but waffles on calling it good enough yet. It's also wrong on one story point: James is

Please register in order to view this content

Michael Ausiello hates it and is very upset.

THR admits it is impossible to review.

Deadline says Lynch has schooled TV again.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I see people in that TV Line article going on and on about some blind item it matches about a show that wouldn't be any good. Do you think that's it? I'd think Showtime is giving it a fair amount of hype for a show that they don't think is any good.

It sounds to me like there's all kinds of personal baggage in the review. Seeing him talk about how he BEGGED Frost to make sure the show goes a certain way is never a good start. Maybe he would have been better off not watching.

• Members

No, Showtime is behind it. That BI is on a show on ABC - some overpriced Romeo and Juliet sequel series shot in Europe which Shonda Rhimes backed.

Ausiello says he hates S2 and FWWM, so I've written him off.

Todd VanDerWerff raves on Vox.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Vee

• Members

Wow. I've only done the first two episodes so far. I'll try to hold off on the other two.

At the same time, it's familiar, and yet so very different.

Already two episodes in, some pieces are starting to fit together. I am really loving the evil doppelganger storyline.

That song at the end of episode 2 was so beautiful and fit in so well. I nearly cried when Shelly said, "James has always been cool." What an unexpected scene to end on.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I'm taking a few hours to read fan reactions and talk to people before doing the other two. I'll be rewatching these all week.

And yeah, the bit about James was satisfying - and I think a defiant stance by Lynch/Frost to fans who pick him as an easy target. James takes a lot of abuse for Marshall's, uh, raw performance and some lousy story turns, but I liked him in FWWM and when Lynch and the show used him well. Liked him here too. I am very curious to see what's become of that lonely boy years later. I also suspect the cute Brit with him (Jake Wardle, playing Freddie Sykes) may be intended for Shelly's daughter Becky

Edited by Vee