• Members

The show is filming at the classic "Roadhouse" location tonight, the Fall City Inn. Earlier they were reported to be shooting some material with the Twin Peaks PD. No word on which returnees may have been on the scene.

Meanwhile, here's another look at the new Twede's/Double R Diner:

Please register in order to view this content

According to locals, though management had pledged to leave the renovation as is, Twede's has already begun putting its gaudy "Tweety bird" decorations back up and is now considering removing the new drapes and making other changes. Feel free to tell them to leave it the way it is on their Facebook!

Edited by Vee

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Very sad news: It hasn't made major media yet, but Catherine E. Coulson (The Log Lady) has passed away.

I don't know if she filmed for the new show yet, I hope so but I suspect not. I know she was slated to. Catherine Coulson was a close personal friend of David Lynch for over 40 years, going back to his first films and Eraserhead. Together, Lynch and Coulson created the seed of the "Log Girl (later Lady)" during the long, piecemeal filming of Eraserhead in the '70s. She was also married to the late Jack Nance (Pete Martell).

This is pretty crushing for any TP fan, especially those of us who have seen her be one of the show's most relentlessly enthusiastic ambassadors for 25 years. RIP.

• Members

There is a rumor floating around that she filmed a scene with fellow longtime Lynch associate Charlotte Stewart (Betty Briggs) and Michael Horse (Deputy Hawk), but no one seems to know if that's true yet.

Catherine Coulson was a member of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. She held onto the original log for 25 years, carefully preserving it, keeping it clean and dry just in case. I believe she regularly brought it to fan events. I hope she got to perform with it one last time.

Zap2it has this:

Variety is reporting it was cancer.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Terrible news, more for those close to her than for a mere fan like me, but she was a superb actress. She made those little intros at the start of each episode that were apparently only put in for syndication seem so vivid, I can't imagine the show without them. I also remember her performance in FWWM - one scene, but a spellbinding one.

The show must go on, as I'm sure she would have wanted, but it can never be the same. 

• Members

To me the loss is somewhat comparable to Elisabeth Sladen and DW - Catherine Coulson was a tireless and enthusiastic ambassador for TP even in its bleakest years in the mid-late '90s, and forged relationships with a lot of its tight-knit longtime fanbase throughout the decades. The loss is not only to the production and Lynch, and the cast and crew, but to a lot of those people who came to know her over time. She's a piece of the heart of the show that you take for granted will always be there, and you don't quite know what to do when it's not. She was also a jack of many trades - in addition to all her work on films like Eraserhead, she was even 1st assistant camera on Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Lynch wrote and shot all of those intros for syndication himself. I hope they're not the last we see of Margaret, and that the rumors are true that she was able to film at least one scene, but we don't know as yet. I know they are supposedly slated to be filming behind closed doors at the Sheriff Station and other locations this week, but I wouldn't be surprised if filming halted briefly. It's just very, very sad. I'm sure however they choose to handle it onscreen will be classy, and probably, appropriately, full of mystery.

Edited by Vee