The SON baby

Juliajms

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It must be very rewarding to have a grown child. Most of my maternal family had many children and had them much younger than myself (Irish Catholics), so to some degree I miss the fact that I don't have any significantly older children. My mother had her first when she was 19, but that was 60 years ago. I just wasn't cut out for that life. I'm not religious, so I'm the black sheep in more ways than one.

I'll admit that I don't love being pregnant the way some women do. I'm very grateful, don't get me wrong, but feeling tired all the time is really draining. I don't know how the Michelle Duggars of the world do it. Luckily, I'll never find out.

smile.png The naming situation is back in flux, since my husband vetoed Jack as a middle name and became unsure of Elijah. I think the pregnancy is more real to him now, so he's getting more invested. The names in contention now are Benjamin, Samuel, and Elijah. The middle name will be Emmanuel, after the paternal grandfather. So we'll see what feels right once we are closer.

My 20 week anatomy scan is tomorrow, so fingers crossed there. If there are any major problems that the genetic testing didn't pick up, they might come to light tomorrow. If all is well, I'll be able to breath a little easier.

• Members

Looking at those names my first question is - since I don't know you last name - are there any initial issues that need to be taken into consideration? For example my initials spell MLB so I've gotten some Major League Baseball jokes every now and then.

(And remember Marcel is always there for the taking!)

Archived