The SON baby

Juliajms

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Yes. I feel the need to create traditions for him. I really didn't even acknowledge holidays for most of my adult life. I spent most of it single and it just seemed like a lot of bother and to some degree depressing not to have much family around. I don't think people should feel that way, but I have to admit I did at times.  Also, we really aren't sure how we're going to negotiate between Christmas and Hanukah.  Sorry if that was TMI. The point is it's nice to have little ones around during the holidays.

• Members

Not TMI. For most of my adult life I've barely done Christmas. I grew up in a house where Christmas became an annual nightmare. When my "nieces" were little all of that changed. I turned into that person making fake reindeer hoof prints on the roof. LOL! That's what children do. They help you see things with fresh eyes.

I assume we'll get a picture of the young man in a pumpkin costume in a timely fashion. ;-)

• Members

Marceline- I hear you on Christmas being an annual nightmare. I didn't have that specific problem as a kid (any random day could turn bad), but I had a best friend who's mother would start drinking on holidays. It never failed to be disaster.

We've got the house decorated and we're giving out candy, but we're probably skipping the costume until next year. I'll post the next cute picture I get though.

Archived