The SON baby

Juliajms

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just a little update. The baby is doing well. He lost about 11 ounces in the hospital, which is pretty normal. They want his weight back up to his birth weight by 2 weeks. At his pediatric appointment yesterday we found out he only has two ounces left to go, so that's a relief!

Thanks Q! By the time I had him I was very calm. The anesthesiologist was really amazing. Not only was I feeling no pain, but I was calm and mentally present. I've always had a lot of respect for the people in the medical field and this experience just solidifies that.

All My Shadows:

My husband changed his mind about the name Benjamin, which I really loved. He has a bee in his bonnet over Benjamin Netanyahu though and there was no changing his mind, so the baby's name is Nathaniel Mark. And even though I'm not religious the meaning "given by God" feels right under the circumstances.

SFK:

Me too. Everyone's support means more than you can imagine.

• Members

Aww, since I know you aren't really a people lover, this means a lot Chit. Thank you.

Yes, I can eat sweets again. My doctor wants me to stay on the GD diet, but only as a way to lose weight. The stakes are much lower at this point. I celebrated with a Reese's peanut butter egg. LOL! Sodium is the issue now. Not to give TMI, but my legs are super swollen right now, which can be normal, but this is not. I went to the doctor today and I took great pleasure in showing the nurse my legs after she made clear she thought I was wasting their time. Her reaction was "Oh Wow! You were right to come in. I've never seen anything like that.". laugh.png

• Members

Happy to hear the baby suffered no ill effects from his dramatic arrival. Little boys are so much fun. I wish my two were still smaller. (Maybe not in diapers, but young enough to still enjoy hugs from their mama). Treasure these days. There is absolutely nothing in life more joyous.

Archived