DaytimeFan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another really strong episode building up to next week's season finale...this show really kicked into high gear from episode 7 (Dame Joan's episode) and it's built strong and big since. Mark Schwann says the show finishes really strong, so I'm looking forward to what next week's episode is like.

As usual, Hurley, Maskell and Park are the standouts. As are the actresses playing the cousins: hilarious.

• Members

I thought the finale was excellent - it set up a lot for season 2 (which is airing in November as shooting starts in June) and has left me wanting more.

It was inevitable that King Simon was going to bite the dust: he was just too noble to live. Vincent Regan is a good actor, and they set up the death beautifully in episode 9 with Eleanor and Liam's hallucinations basically being him saying goodbye.

The writing definitely took a sympathetic turn for Queen Helena as Alistair appeared to be killed...but as Elizabeth Hurley said, maybe he lived since we didn't see him die onscreen?

Lucius is an interesting supporting character to have on the show because his trustworthiness seems to be constantly in flux.

The scene with Cyrus and his dementia ridden mother was quite the shock and exposed a lot of Cyrus' motivations.

The paternity issue is still up in the air, as is the surprise that Marcus is in love with (dreadfully boring) Ophelia.

The domino symbolism is interesting, as is the murder of Robert.

The Royals really hit its stride from episode 7 (Dame Joan's episode) onward.

I can't wait to see what's next.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

It took some patience for me to get to when the show kicked into high gear - from episode 6 through 10 the show was just excellent. It was uneven prior to that. But it's definitely worth watching, the first season ended up being extremely satisfying - there was a solid, clear arc.

It isn't known how many episodes Dame Joan is in for the second season, but judging from the filming schedule 2 or 3 episodes at least seems certain. They're still filming the season so she may have more filming to do.

And yes, what an epic diva turn.

• Members

But I want to say that is how MS's shows have always been. I remember there being buzz for OTH that I never got. Then I was Blockbuster one night and couldnt' find anything to rent and that was back when they were doing seasons of tv shows at a cheap price so I got season one of OTH. Episode 1 was meh. Episode 2 was mostly meh, but you could see something forming. But Episode 5 I was hooked. And I got while people liked this (by this point on tv it was on Season 3 I believe).

And God, yes. Sometimes it is the simple things. And a good diva can make a bad day just so much better. And It's just awesome to see Joan still giving it after all these times. Makes me want to see her on that season of FOOTBALLERS WIVES. They never did the last season on BBC here in the states.

• Members

ETA: If it helps any, DF, MS has always been quite good at featuring his divas so I wouldn't be surprised...if Dame Joan doesn't mind...she is even more than more or mini arcs depending on how many episodes they have this season.

It's like Brooke and her mom on OTH. For 4 years, everyone heard about her. And then Season 5 happened and it was a cliffhanger at the end of an episode and worth the wait when you realize who it was. And such a delicious bitca at that that came back for extended arcs throughout the rest of the series run.

Archived