AMC: Fear The Walking Dead

YRBB

• Members

I haven't been watching, but I see they killed Kim Dickens character off. I suppose this is a complete reboot.  I love Garret Dillahunt and Lennie James both. They are two of my favorites and I'm still not sure I will ever watch.  I'm basically just sad they are wasted on this show.  I even feel that way about Maggie Grace who I like, but isn't someone I follow from show to show like I have GD and LJ.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What a bizarre fúcking show. I could tell midway through Season 2 they were a mess. Hastily dumping Lorenzo Henrie in a lame storyline and sidelining Ruben Blades was bad enough, but opening Season 3 by killing Cliff Curtis - and then leaping to wiping out Dickens and Dillane - it just seems like no one had any idea what they wanted this show to be beyond the pitch (in which Madison was ultimately intended to become a villainous, Governor-like character, something I think you can see shades of in the first two seasons). But as soon as it got renewed for a second and third season the network and creatives set about picking it apart.

What a disaster. It makes the BTS turmoil of TWD look sedate. At least most of the throughline of that cast and narrative held it together for the better part of six seasons. I hope Lennie James has an out clause to return to the mothership (though I bet it doesn't have long for this world, either).

• Members

I've never been fond of the main family on the show and pretty much have hate watched while still enjoying the show at times. I've actually cheered as they slowly massacred Madison and her awful family. And who is surprised at all that her dumb ass kids got her killed?

• 9 months later...
  • Members

I'm finally watching season 4 and I will admit that things have improved.  I will always hate that they wasted Kim Dickens, but as a reboot, season 4 worked better than I ever would have expected.

At the same time, I wonder how the audience received it.  I wasn't paying attention at the time because I had basically written the show off. There were a lot of time jumps involved. I've been watching one episode a day, but for people watching weekly, I imagine it could be hard to keep track of the timelines.

• Members

It seems completely unrecognizable. The second season was a debacle as they began quickly eliminating people and turned Chris into a psycho overight, and I didn't even bother with the third when they killed Cliff Curtis immediately. Next went Frank Dillane, and now Kim, replaced by a host of new people and fan service Lennie James. I love Colman Domingo and have since Passing Strange, but I can't with that mess. Such a waste. I don't get what that show wants to be, I don't think it does either, and I have no interest.

Archived